Curtis Reed

Anyone use the Hillsound BTR?

Bought one this year do to other tripod chairs ripping after a season. I have the taller version so far so good. I like how light and how compact they are. They definitely are not the sturdiest compared to others but I believe that is the trade off for how light and compact they are. 

I bought the BTR over a year ago.  LOVE how light and compact it is to pack around.   It feels pretty weak and every time I sit on it I wonder if this is the time it will break but hasn't yet 🙃.   Based on this post it looks like I'll keep expecting it to snap out from under me.  I only weigh 185.  If I was a bigger fella, no way I would trust it!

Walkstool 18” is my stool of choice. Weighs a little more then the hillesound, but no more then the regular tripod stools from sportsman’s or wherever,and it’s much more comfortable. I highly doubt it’ll ever break, but you can get any replacement part for it too. They’re pretty expensive but if you keep an eye on eBay, I bought both of mine for under $40. I like hunting gear that I don’t have to worry about failing, I like leaving all the failing to me. 

• Like 3

Another +1 for Walkstool. A little pricey but it’s solid and held up great for me for a couple years now. Sorry I don’t have info about the BTR, I’ve previously only used ones from like Walmart or big 5.

• Like 1