goinhuntn

Incompetents

Big 5 & Walmart employees need to be educated on selling otc deer tags!!! This Is the only weekend I can go deer hunting, so we were planning on heading out to our spot around 4 am tomorrow. I swing by Big 5 on my way home only to be told all hunting & fishing licenses are sold online. I tell the guy behind the counter I already have my license, I need a deer tag, guy tells me you have to get those online. I tell him no tags are sold over the counter, he says no F&G is doing it all online starting this year. Again I tell him no the tags are in the drawer behind the counter, F&G does not sale otc tags online. I tell him let me talk to the manager, he says he is the manager. I tell him you need to know what your talking about if your managing the store. I leave & go to Walmart, after ringing the assistance buzzer & waiting 15 minutes for nobody to come ! I start looking for someone that works there (yea ok thats a funny one), I find a guy & tell him I need assistance in sporting goods, what do need he ask, I tell him I want a deer tag, he looks at me with blank stare it’s obvious he has no clue what I want. He calls the manager of that department, she says we never received any deer tags from F&G and nobody in town has received any this year. I start laughing & tell Her my brother in law just bought a  deer tag earlier down the street at the Bait & Tackle shop (it was after 5pm or I would of just went there). The manager at Walmart said they didn’t get any & probably won’t be getting any this year. Needless to say our morning hunt is screwed since I have to wait for the Bait & Tackle shop to open in the morning. F&G needs to tell the idiots of these stores how to sale tags or make them available to purchase online!!! Seems like every time you try & buy a tag at these stores its a hassle & they are freakin CLUELESS!!!😳😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why wait till the last minute to buy a tag. And yeah you’re right they are a pain, that’s why we go to azgfd and get our licenses and tags and it takes 2 minutes. 

• Like 9

In my experience going to any vendor other than an AZGFD office is completely f*ucked. I'm been sold permits from past years, wrong permits, told incorrect information so many times it makes my blood pressure spike just thinking about it.

Sorry to hear you'll be missing precious hunting time on such an abbreviated season for you. Good luck, shoot straight and often. Hopefully permit sales do move to online in the near future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Why wait till the last minute to buy a tag. And yeah you’re right they are a pain, that’s why we go to azgfd and get our licenses and tags and it takes 2 minutes. 

Wasn’t sure I was even going to be able to go at all. Was able to get this weekend off. Nearest F&G office is 60 miles away. My work schedule doesn’t allow any time to get there before they close!

While at one of the AZGFD offices a couple of weeks ago to get our tags, the AZGFD gentleman behind the counter was explaining to another customer that AZGFD has been having issues for years with retail vendors submitting tag sales reports in the required timeframe (not hard to believe). Said AZGFD has decided to put their foot down and not issue these retailers 2022 tags until they get their acts together. I suspects this is a big part of the problem. 

Seems to make sense that the retailers known for their lack of competency would be having these issues and wouldn’t be a good choice for trying to get tags. If you can’t get to an AZGFD office, I would try a hunting specific retailer, Sportsman’s, Bass Pro, or better yet, some of the small independent guys who might sell tags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What in the he double toothpicks are you going to hunt with a F&G tag.  And you making fun at wallmart people?  LOL

I quit relying on outside vendors to buy tags a long time ago unfortunately. It sounds like they will be going online pretty soon so you don’t have to deal with other vendors anymore. 

I tried to get mine at Ace which has been the best local tag vendor for me for a while…they told me AZGFD had cut the list of allowed vendors and they couldn’t sell them anymore. Not sure how much truth to that. Got lucky at Walmart and had a knowledgeable lady working. 

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

What in the he double toothpicks are you going to hunt with a F&G tag.  And you making fun at wallmart people?  LOL

This doesn’t even make sense!! Why even respond to the post!

I’d rather have exploratory rectal surgery than have to buy anything regarding a thought process at either of the vendors the OP mentioned.

I bought a rifle at Wally World when they were discounting hard a year  or so ago, the “clerk” in sporting goods may as well have come from ladies lingerie as far as what she knew about selling a gun. I thought I’d have to renew my CCW permit before she finished.  Big5 applicants seem to be Al Bundy clones as I’ve only bought tennis shoes there and finding a pair in my size seems to be a mental challenge for most of them.

i agree with the mentioned  comments , go to an actual sporting goods store where they train their personnel if you can’t make it to a GF office.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goinhuntn said:

This doesn’t even make sense!! Why even respond to the post!

He's like the worst poster thats ever posted. Literally only posts the dumbest ssshhhiitt ever.