Sign in to follow this  
Nitemann

sold

3 hours ago, Big Browns said:

Cool gun!!!!!

It wouldn't take up much room in your safe. You could probably get a lot of mileage with that on Valentines day.

12 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I wonder if this would trigger trphyhuntr to hunt pigs with 🤣

You had to go there. LOL

I so wanted one of these (XP-100ish) until I actually went Javelina hunting with a friend that had a Contender. We couldn't hit a coke can at 20 yrd.  Fast forward 20 years and he talked me into  buying a Contender on this site in .357/.30Herrett.   And again I ended up frustrated and selling it after the javelina hunt.  I really like my S&W N frame.  NOW  I am being tempted with this one -- IT CERTAINLY IS COOL!!!    Good thing you are up in the Phoenix area!  :D

25 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I so wanted one of these (XP-100ish) until I actually went Javelina hunting with a friend that had a Contender. We couldn't hit a coke can at 20 yrd.  Fast forward 20 years and he talked me into  buying a Contender on this site in .357/.30Herrett.   And again I ended up frustrated and selling it after the javelina hunt.  I really like my S&W N frame.  NOW  I am being tempted with this one -- IT CERTAINLY IS COOL!!!    Good thing you are up in the Phoenix area!  :D

The metal rod that the barrel pivots on can be replaced with one that also has a rubber bushing on the early model that will tighten up the groups. I had a very early production one in the 13K Serial nNumber range that I put a 14" barrel on it it would shoot dime sized groups at 100 yards with about 24gr of H322 that I would get as Mil Surp for about $6 a pound from Pistol Parlour back in the day.

I sold it to buy an XP100 to get into pistol silhouette. I bought the Contender with a 1.5X TC Scope and a 10" 44 Octogon barrel from a buddy for $100.

Big Tub when shooting the specialty pistols (Contenders, XP-100's, Strikers, etc) you need to use some kind of rest, bipod, back pack , tree branch, etc in order to shoot good groups. This takes a little more time getting on target and sometimes is impossible due to brush/debris or extreme angles. It's like any thing though if you practice it will get to be second nature and you will be successful. Thats why a lot of folks try it and go back to rifles since you can shoot them from just about any position. I do have a few 6" barreled contenders that I can shoot off hand pretty well at 25yds.

• Like 1

If I didn't already have a great long range pistol I would buy this one.  These are really fun guns to hunt with!!!

Resized_20181006_154429.jpg

7 hours ago, Nitemann said:

Big Tub when shooting the specialty pistols (Contenders, XP-100's, Strikers, etc) you need to use some kind of rest, bipod, back pack , tree branch, etc in order to shoot good groups. This takes a little more time getting on target and sometimes is impossible due to brush/debris or extreme angles. It's like any thing though if you practice it will get to be second nature and you will be successful. Thats why a lot of folks try it and go back to rifles since you can shoot them from just about any position. I do have a few 6" barreled contenders that I can shoot off hand pretty well at 25yds.

Or just be a steady good shot. A rest doesn't hurt.

15 hours ago, Big Tub said:

The boys going back out next week (Feb 4th) with that .357 you sold us. He’s glad you were frustrated with it. 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gauchoand said:

The boys going back out next week (Feb 4th) with that .357 you sold us. He’s glad you were frustrated with it. 🤣

PICS OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN!!!  :D  GLAD IT WORKED OUT.  Still this pistol in .243 is so cool but I am beyond having to be cool.  Kinda sad.