singleshot

Unit 6A

We see them almost every time we are out for elk .they tend to stay out in the flats and we can usually glass them from the ridges .one year they were in the field by camp and jumped up and ran along side us as we were headed back from the morning hunt.I've seen them down the 229 and 81a roads from time to time usually just a few 

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

We see them almost every time we are out for elk .they tend to stay out in the flats and we can usually glass them from the ridges .one year they were in the field by camp and jumped up and ran along side us as we were headed back from the morning hunt.I've seen them down the 229 and 81a roads from time to time usually just a few 

Same thing. See a ton out there when elk hunting. Getting a tag has been the bigger issue :(

• Like 1

I hunt coyotes in 6A during antelope fawning all the way until Aug. I killed an entire pack trying to get a newborn fawn on Mud Tanks, but that herd is still not doing well. Lots of antelope off the 229, 81A, and 214. Biggest antelope buck I ever saw on the hoof was a few years ago off Schnebly hill road while bear hunting. He looked every bit 95". Problem with 6A is it takes too much time to go from buck to buck and they have endless places to hide. That allows for lots and lots of hold over bucks though and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't break a top 10 record in the next few years. It's not a 100% success hunt and most mature bucks are 75" class so people need to be realistic about that. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BIGAZHUNTER14 said:

Pulled that tag last year with 11 points. Saw a ton of bucks and took this one a few days into the hunt

34AE5DBC-301F-4F0B-BB5C-3AE55ACA78C4.jpeg

Looks like a perfet shot. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

6a.....Make sure you look at the hunt dates!  Over lap archery deer? If it s a holiday weekend, look out there will be every side by side in the state driving around!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azelkhunter69 said:

Got super lucky and drew tag 5 of 10.  Looking forward to it.

You stole my tag! 😂

Checkout my profile pic... taken in 6A rifle hunt in 2016... I drew the archery hunt this year... we'll see if they are still hanging out in the same general location.....

• Like 1