Sign in to follow this  
Norcy

WTB Tikka 270 wsm

5 minutes ago, Norcy said:

Thank you, I was hoping to pick one up that maybe closer to being shot out. Looking to build a 6.8 western off the action.

This ^^^

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Norcy said:

Thank you, I was hoping to pick one up that maybe closer to being shot out. Looking to build a 6.8 western off the action.

That's exactly what I did with mine, put a new stock, new trigger, new barrel and made me a 6.5 WSM.

• Like 1

You might be better off using a Tikka action that started life as a 300 WM or 7RM.  Although all Tikka actions are the same size, the 300 WM & 7RM are set up at the factory with the longer bolt stop and magazine.  This will allow you to seat your bullets farther out and still feed reliably.  It may also widen your search for a Tikka that is 'worn out'.  However, the secret on Tikka actions is out.  Even beat up Tikkas on gunbroker go for close to $700 once you factor in your shipping, taxes and FFL fees.  Most of these buyers are buying for the action.  It's the least expensive action on the market for which barrel makers will make a shoulder pre-fit barrel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azsugarbear said:

You might be better off using a Tikka action that started life as a 300 WM or 7RM.  Although all Tikka actions are the same size, the 300 WM & 7RM are set up at the factory with the longer bolt stop and magazine.  This will allow you to seat your bullets farther out and still feed reliably.  It may also widen your search for a Tikka that is 'worn out'.  However, the secret on Tikka actions is out.  Even beat up Tikkas on gunbroker go for close to $700 once you factor in your shipping, taxes and FFL fees.  Most of these buyers are buying for the action.  It's the least expensive action on the market for which barrel makers will make a shoulder pre-fit barrel.

Thank you I will check this out. If anyone has the above mentioned Tikka rifle let me know. I appreciate all the advice I can get on this. AZbig10 your awesome brother I didn’t realize they made profits for the Tikka action. Greatly appreciate guys.

15 hours ago, Norcy said:

Thank you I will check this out. If anyone has the above mentioned Tikka rifle let me know. I appreciate all the advice I can get on this. AZbig10 your awesome brother I didn’t realize they made profits for the Tikka action. Greatly appreciate guys.

When you start the build keep us posted. Looking forward to it.