Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Trail Cam Conundrum

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Pretty sure baiting is still illegal even on private property, camera use will be no different.  

So I put out feed for some of my calves I'm fatning up...........nothing they can do if the deer are feeding on my property..............not exactly a good battle for G$F to get into........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rossislider said:

It (the camera) is on your private property. I don’t see them trying to enforce over a picture taken on someone private property. I’d tell AZGFD to pound sand if they took issue with a picture taken on my property. Could result it a court battle, but at some point you have to push back.

With this argument landowners who have thousands of acres could still use cameras to help take wildlife.  Which they can’t.   I’m not sure why people are having a hard time understanding that it’s only for hunting.  Not the type of things the poster is using them for

• Like 1

Sadly many here are severely lacking in common sense. The OP is talking about a 5 acre property adjacent to town and a security trail cam. Not a 50,000 acre ranch in the wilderness. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Sadly many here are severely lacking in common sense. The OP is talking about a 5 acre property adjacent to town and a security trail cam. Not a 50,000 acre ranch in the wilderness. 

There's a lot of that out there these days...................my shop has been broken into twice, my chicken coop has been raided by dogs and coyotes alike........

In several cases I have been able to use my surveillance cameras to bring some justice to culprits.

I just thought it was hilarious after all these years this buck shows up after Jan. 1.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

I think he spelled it out in the first paragraph there. Nobody missed that part. 

2 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

With this argument landowners who have thousands of acres could still use cameras to help take wildlife.  Which they can’t.   I’m not sure why people are having a hard time understanding that it’s only for hunting.  Not the type of things the poster is using them for

A response posted here on cw quoted a correspondence that stated regardless of the initial intent of the camera placement. Any data collected is in violation of the new ruling.

To be clear not saying he can't run cams on his property. But if you take a deer you have on camera after Jan 1 2022. This is how it is written and you will be in violation of the new trail cam ruling.

I spoke with three of our five regional supervisors and all three summarize the main reason behind this whole band is a keep our guides and outfitters from littering our woods with cameras. 
(I counted 33 cameras on 1 tank last year)

On 1/24/2022 at 5:49 AM, 654321 said:

Pretty sure baiting is still illegal even on private property, camera use will be no different.  

you can still bait for feral hogs whenever you want - Brian Wakling AZGFD