Oakley

Tag increase

I will hunt with sticks and stones!

• Haha 1

Wow this year people are complaining about the system BEFORE they know if they got drawn.  Guess what, Kingdome of Carefree dont care about what YOU want.  They are concerned about maintaining their money flow, first and foremost.  Its a pandemic.

How about preference points..not bonus points.  Works in Wyoming.  You know exactly where you are , and nobody gets drawn with less points.

What's wrong with getting drawn with less than max points?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tomharveyb said:

How about preference points..not bonus points.  Works in Wyoming.  You know exactly where you are , and nobody gets drawn with less points.

Actually WY doesn't have either preference points or bonus points for deer, elk and antelope for residents it is strictly a random draw. NR have the choice of buying preference points or just entering the random draw in WY.  If you're a NR with preference points in WY you may want to try and use them soon as the WY residents are working real hard at getting their state to go to a 90/10 spilt on their tags.  They are starting with the big 5 first and will then go after deer, elk and antelope. They have a big task force right now working on it and have already gotten a bill headed to the legislature.

Less tags = Less AZGF revenue

Prolly not going to happen.  

I guess they could offer more of the “special tags” that were just offered for 6 animals.  Lots of application fees (revenue) with little affect on animal population. Cut the number of regular tags in some units and make up the difference by offering “trophy” tag draws. 

12 minutes ago, no worries said:

Less tags = Less AZGF revenue

Prolly not going to happen.  

I guess they could offer more of the “special tags” that were just offered for 6 animals.  Lots of application fees (revenue) with little affect on animal population. Cut the number of regular tags in some units and make up the difference by offering “trophy” tag draws. 

Conspiracy theory. G&f may have intentionally not  blasted everyone with emails to update CCs. So they can get more rejections to add to the kiddy for special hunts.  I have gotten 3 emails including an ICYM on wolves, but zero on updating cc's this weekend. 

On 2/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, idgaf said:

Conspiracy theory. G&f may have intentionally not  blasted everyone with emails to update CCs. So they can get more rejections to add to the kiddy for special hunts.  I have gotten 3 emails including an ICYM on wolves, but zero on updating cc's this weekend. 

Maybe their AOL account is down?

• Haha 2

Just got the AZGFD blast today…LoL at AOL. I work with a couple folks who still use AOL and cracks me up every time I see an email from them. 

5 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Just got the AZGFD blast today…LoL at AOL. I work with a couple folks who still use AOL and cracks me up every time I see an email from them. 

I have aol, but don't email a lot. What's the difference? I have just left it at that so I don't have to make more passwords, usernames and all the bull$hit.

• Like 1

I like the way Nevada does it by squaring your points. You actually have a better chance of drawing % if you have 12 points compared to someone with 4. 

1 hour ago, coueswt said:

I like the way Nevada does it by squaring your points. You actually have a better chance of drawing % if you have 12 points compared to someone with 4. 

Sounds like inflation to me

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I have aol, but don't email a lot. What's the difference? I have just left it at that so I don't have to make more passwords, usernames and all the bull$hit.

Nothing wrong with AOL I guess, just makes me hear modem sounds and think of floppy disks with 1 month of free internet when I see it. 

• Like 2