Sign in to follow this  
RNGRDOG

Bull up close

That's always cool. Those bulls get pretty dumb that time of year. Thanks for sharing. I wish more people would share experiences,pictures and videos. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

That's always cool. Those bulls get pretty dumb that time of year. Thanks for sharing. I wish more people would share experiences,pictures and videos. 

You are absolutely right. Great video!

But anymore it is tough to share pictures and videos to sites like this. Too many guys are overly eager to critique every they "perceive" you did wrong, why you shouldn't be doing what you did or how you did it, how they know everything about a situation they didn't witness or have first hand knowledge of, etc. It sucks being excited about something and eager to share it, only to have the armchair QBs knock you and it. It takes a lot of the joy out of it and makes you want to keep those things private, or for your immediate circle. At the very least, this has largely been my experience and the experience of many of my close friends.

Most of my hunts these days are for my kids and wife. I can't stand to see someone rip my kids or wife for not being the perfect hunter (it has happened multiple times). One guy even made a DB comment to my 12 year old daughter, face to face, about her "bad shot placement" on a javelina that took her from the high of a successful hunt to immediate tears. I don't associate with that friend any longer after having words with him. I should be a better person and ignore the nonsense and idiots, but unfortunately it is not who I am. So I just don't share much publicly anymore.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just something I unfortunately have strong feelings about. I am glad guys like you (the OP) and Houston are still comfortable sharing. Again, great video and thank you for sharing it.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stanley said:

WOW!!!    Exactly how close did he get??  (Can be hard to assess scale from video....)

He was about 2 steps from stepping on me. I had to flinch or he was coming through. Not the first time I've been that close. I'm just glad he didn't knock my tripod and swaros over!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, RNGRDOG said:

He was about 2 steps from stepping on me. I had to flinch or he was coming through. Not the first time I've been that close. I'm just glad he didn't knock my tripod and swaros over!

😂   VERY awesome!!!  

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

You are absolutely right. Great video!

But anymore it is tough to share pictures and videos to sites like this. Too many guys are overly eager to critique every they "perceive" you did wrong, why you shouldn't be doing what you did or how you did it, how they know everything about a situation they didn't witness or have first hand knowledge of, etc. It sucks being excited about something and eager to share it, only to have the armchair QBs knock you and it. It takes a lot of the joy out of it and makes you want to keep those things private, or for your immediate circle. At the very least, this has largely been my experience and the experience of many of my close friends.

Most of my hunts these days are for my kids and wife. I can't stand to see someone rip my kids or wife for not being the perfect hunter (it has happened multiple times). One guy even made a DB comment to my 12 year old daughter, face to face, about her "bad shot placement" on a javelina that took her from the high of a successful hunt to immediate tears. I don't associate with that friend any longer after having words with him. I should be a better person and ignore the nonsense and idiots, but unfortunately it is not who I am. So I just don't share much publicly anymore.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just something I unfortunately have strong feelings about. I am glad guys like you (the OP) and Houston are still comfortable sharing. Again, great video and thank you for sharing it.

Thats why I don't share too much on instagram and facebook, (last year or two) but this site is still "home" for me and one of the few places I like to share and support. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RNGRDOG said:

I thought he was going for your tripod thinking it’s a bull he’d like to spar with!

Thanks for sharing. I just need a tag now. 😎