Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Mexico Passport/Card

If your just driving into Rocky Point or border towns card is fine. Flying needs a passport. Never been asked for one going in but have only been into RP. It’s coming back where you need it. 

I buy my insulin in Algodones. It all depends who screens you when you come back across. Passport is the only time I don’t get hassled. 

when driving to MX or Canada, TECHNICALLY a US resident is not required by law to provide a passport for re-entry to the United States.  Passports make it faster and are easier but a drivers license is fine.  Flying to a foreign country requires a passport.

• Like 2

Just got back from RP this past weekend. 3 of us had passport cards the 4th only had Az DL and copy of birth certificate. No hassles!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, el diablo said:

If your just driving into Rocky Point or border towns card is fine. Flying needs a passport. Never been asked for one going in but have only been into RP. It’s coming back where you need it. 

What I have experienced also. Flying you have to have Passport. Driving either will work. 

I was told over two years ago they were going to start fining people reentering the US  without a passport or card after the “deadline” ....Doesn’t sound like it’s being enforced.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I was told over two years ago they were going to start fining people reentering the US  without a passport or card after the “deadline” ....Doesn’t sound like it’s being enforced.

How can they enforce it when illegals can walk across no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

How can they enforce it when illegals can walk across no questions asked.

Yeah, the irony wasn’t lost on me when the Customs agent in Lukeville told me that.  Now, I think most of those guys and the BP feel like” What’s the point in upholding our border laws” when the federal government doesn’t.

Not having a passport or passport card just opens the door to being delayed/hassled when you cross back into the US. 
Depending on the agent, the delay can just be a couple extra questions or a 30 minute vehicle search and barrage of questions.  

FYI

The Mexican authorities were really checking vehicle registration crossing in last week. Several vehicles were denied access due to lack of proper ownership documents and expired tags. ( Mainly RVs,) 
Pretty easy to put the new sticker and registration aside and forget about it. 

• Like 1