bigbuckfever

Retired Marine could use a few prayers.

My father has been dealing with macular degeneration for over 6 years and has started getting much worse to the point he is just about blind now at 89.  He has been feeling run down and dizzy for a few months and just found out that is due to leukemia.  We don't know if it's going to be manageable or not yet.  He has always been a hard charging Marine and it is taking its' toll on his spirits so I sure would appreciate any support.  Thanks, Doug.

• Like 11

Doug - I will be thinking of you and your dad in our daily prayers.  

• Thanks 1

Prayers sent and Semper Fi to a fellow Marine.

Korean War Vet per chance?

My Dad, he died in 2016, would have turned 90 this summer and he was exactly as you describe your Dad.

Eddie

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the prayers from everyone, it really does mean a lot to me and my dad. 

Yes Eddie, Korea and Viet Nam.  A-D Skyraider and chopper pilot.

• Like 2

Prayers sent for you and your Dad.  Thank God for men like your Dad who made this country strong and lead the way for us!

• Thanks 1

Marine Lt. Colonel David L. Althoff (Ret), Aviator of the Year 1968, recipient of 3 Silver Stars, father, community leader, passed away early this morning.  I want to thank all who offered a prayer or held a space for him, even if just for a second.  Semper Fi.

• Like 1

God bless you brother.  I was in your shoes a little over 1 year ago.  Honor him well.  Continued prayers for you and your family 

• Thanks 1