Riversnake

When never meets now.

So, I wasn't sure where to put this but I'll definitely welcome any prayers. 

Long story somewhat short. Been married for 21 years. Four kids 16,15,9,7. A few road bumps here and there but nothing I thought was serious. Never once talked of divorce. I've been working hard last few years, payed off the house. Spent quite a bit remodeling the house. Saving for a new ride for the wife. Well serious problems started in December with the wife,  couldn't figure out what was going on. Just knew she wasn't telling me the truth. Turns out she's having an affair with the contractor who was doing the remodel. Unbelievable.  My wife is/was a total by the rules, christian, loyal, great mother, family oriented.  Well she is all in with this guy. He's married as well. She won't stop,  so I told her she had to leave. So  I'm taking care of the kids, the house, trying to keep the clothes clean and food on the table. Were meeting with a lawyer she's started making comments about adding everything up cause half of all of it is hers. Totally crazy, something that I would have never thought possible.  I've read similar stories like this on hunting forums and always thought who would share that type of thing.  But its something that nobody I know has gone through and friends really cant relate at all. I'm just trying to do whats right by the kids. The older ones aren't to impressed with mom, and the younger two don't really understand. The immediate shock has worn off, now its just a constant state of hurt. I've started meeting with some guys from our church, and we have been seeing a marriage counselor but I think the counselor could be coming to an end. So if you ever think that your relationship needs attention I encourage you to seek help. Counselor said couples dont usually look for help years after it was needed.

• Sad 2

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles Riversnake. My thoughts are with you and the kids.

I applaud your commitment to your kiddos and do not forget about yourself (physical, mental and financial health[to the extent possible given where this is going]). And well, any other parties involved in this little mess, they'll get what they deserve even if it takes time.

One final comment: your kids, when it's all said and done, will figure out who the good parent and person is in all this.

Eddie

• Like 2

It hurt my heart reading this! definitely will be praying for you, your kids and even for the ones that need the most prayers.  I downright pity anyone not right with God!

Been there done that. Cut ties and move in, hard as it is.

Contractor won't leave his wife, bet $ on that. 

Don't let her back in. Once a snake, always a snake. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TOBY said:

Get a good lawyer and dont settle with a half butt settlement cuz you just wanna be done with it.

I can attest to this. Big time. 

Prayers sent. Very tough for issue for sure - it sound like you have a healthy attitude toward it and are keeping the kiddos as your top priority. Hang in there man. And if she does get dumped by to contractor as others have suggested, and wants to "fix things", just say "No". 

• Like 1

Protect yourself and all the assets you can. Sounds like this witch wouldn't think twice about putting the screws to you.

Sorry your wife thought it was necessary to toss the family to the curb. There's no accounting for some people's actions.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Riversnake said:

So, I wasn't sure where to put this but I'll definitely welcome any prayers. 

Long story somewhat short. Been married for 21 years. Four kids 16,15,9,7. A few road bumps here and there but nothing I thought was serious. Never once talked of divorce. I've been working hard last few years, payed off the house. Spent quite a bit remodeling the house. Saving for a new ride for the wife. Well serious problems started in December with the wife,  couldn't figure out what was going on. Just knew she wasn't telling me the truth. Turns out she's having an affair with the contractor who was doing the remodel. Unbelievable.  My wife is/was a total by the rules, christian, loyal, great mother, family oriented.  Well she is all in with this guy. He's married as well. She won't stop,  so I told her she had to leave. So  I'm taking care of the kids, the house, trying to keep the clothes clean and food on the table. Were meeting with a lawyer she's started making comments about adding everything up cause half of all of it is hers. Totally crazy, something that I would have never thought possible.  I've read similar stories like this on hunting forums and always thought who would share that type of thing.  But its something that nobody I know has gone through and friends really cant relate at all. I'm just trying to do whats right by the kids. The older ones aren't to impressed with mom, and the younger two don't really understand. The immediate shock has worn off, now its just a constant state of hurt. I've started meeting with some guys from our church, and we have been seeing a marriage counselor but I think the counselor could be coming to an end. So if you ever think that your relationship needs attention I encourage you to seek help. Counselor said couples dont usually look for help years after it was needed.

Stay strong 

I’m not a counselor or a therapist. But if you need an another someone to talk with I’m here. 

only thing I can share is. You can come out on top of all of this. I promise you that. Set some goals and make time for yourself get your bearings and get moving on a better you. 

Sounds cliche af but you are capable.