Riversnake

When never meets now.

Heartfelt prayers to you and your kids.  Went through this as a kid myself.  Stay strong and keep doing the best you can for them.  They will remember your actions during these times for the rest of their lives.  God is good even when people are not.  Stay strong in your faith and He will get you through this!

• Like 1

From speaking with friends that have been through something similar, I think this would be their advice:

- Get a lawyer and do what he/she says, say what they tell you to say.  I think a lot people make mistakes by hiding money or assets and it can come back to haunt you. the lawyer will give you direction on the best way to protect yourself 

- take an inventory of your valuables. Talk to your lawyer as soon as/if anything disappears

- as hard as it is, don’t fight or argue with her, document everything for your lawyer

- she will probably come groveling back once the contractor decides not to leave his wife - stand by your gut in regards to reconciliation.  Some friends tried to reconcile only to regret that decision later, causing increased financial and emotional impacts. Better to rip off the bandaid if that’s what you decide.  

- spend as much time as you can with your kids -for their sake, as hard as it is, don’t bash their mom in front of the kids

sorry you are going through this. I cannot understand how difficult it must be to be in your position. Remember it’s not your fault, don’t get gaslighted into thinking you could have done more or should have done something differently.  

• Like 10

On 2/22/2022 at 11:11 AM, junior71 said:

The kids are the ones who suffer, you will be fine.

Make sure to leave a google review for your contractor! I would ruin his a$$!

Kids are resilient they will be ok. Put yourself first and make kids a priority. 

I have a different perspective on this whole scenario I couldn’t get away from my ex wife fast enough. That said.. it still wasn’t easy. They have a way of over complicating every aspect of a divorce. Put on your armor amd prepare for battle. once that door is shut. Leave it shut 

As stated put yourself and your kids first and don't talk bad about  there mom.Its hard to not do this in your situation but they will remember who said what.I grew up in this and parents tend to use there kids to get information or as a wedge to hurt the other person.Please don't my mom did this and for over 20 years my dad was always the bad guy as that's all I new.Growing up and putting all the peices together it was always my mom .I lost a lot of time with my dad because of this and now none of us kids will have 2 words with our mom.

• Like 1

Been there after over 30 years of marriage. It is comparable in some ways to a death.  It takes lots of adjusting and time but it will eventually get better. It sounds like you shouldn’t consider reconciliation even if she wanted to. As hard as it is sometimes it’s better to walk away and start over. 

• Like 4

A book got dropped off on my doorstep with a note inside to my wife. I gave it to her. I also ordered a copy for myself. It's a very powerful book with a strong message. I encourage anyone who is married to read it. The book is Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. 

I am certain that my wife will not read it because it would be calling her out on everything that she is taking part in. 

No fault state, 50/50 keep the kids with you and get the house, turn everything into cash, kick the contractor off your property, send a letter to his wife with proof.  Get a good lawyer and file first as the patitioner, then keep a log of everything  that goes on. Faith is great but the judge doesn't consider it. Good luck and get throw it, and yes no chit talk to the kids, shell so them her true colors.