Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Sold

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I used the same one on my pig hunt this past weekend.

Did you get your javalina?

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Hopefully someone got one .I shot over one with the muzzy .

Tried to scare it to death? Saves the meat, if it works. What Caliber?

4 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Tried to scare it to death? Saves the meat, if it works. What Caliber?

45 cal paramount pro with 112 gr blackhorn and a 285 elr.Right over the top at about 150

14 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Did you get your javalina?

Yes.

I was glassing on a knoll when a coyote let out a howl about 150 yards away so I walked about 30 feet to the top and hid amongst the rocks. Another one was close by and let out a howl and soon it sounded like there were three or four yipping, barking and whining.

This went on for about thirty seconds when I heard noise in the wash below me and caught some movement I thought were deer but turned out to be pigs. About that time they busted up the hill to my left and I chambered a round and took the safety off. They saw me when they were about 20 feet away and in the brush, so no shot. One spun around and ran back into the wash and I headed into the direction of the others and managed to shoot one at about 25 yards. It happened pretty quick and not too far from where I broke my ankle in 2020, so sort of a redemption hunt for me.

I hung it from a paloverde with some Mule Tape and boned it out and tagged a hind quarter. I was back in camp by about 10:30 and stayed one more day to enjoy some peace and quiet.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Yes.

I was glassing on a knoll when a coyote let out a howl about 150 yards away so I walked about 30 feet to the top and hid amongst the rocks. Another one was close by and let out a howl and soon it sounded like there were three or four yipping, barking and whining.

This went on for about thirty seconds when I heard noise in the wash below me and caught some movement I thought were deer but turned out to be pigs. About that time they busted up the hill to my left and I chambered a round and took the safety off. They saw me when they were about 20 feet away and in the brush, so no shot. One spun around and ran back into the wash and I headed into the direction of the others and managed to shoot one at about 25 yards. It happened pretty quick and not too far from where I broke my ankle in 2020, so sort of a redemption hunt for me.

I hung it from a paloverde with some Mule Tape and boned it out and tagged a hind quarter. I was back in camp by about 10:30 and stayed one more day to enjoy some peace and quiet.

Were there many other groups hunting in there this year?

7 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

45 cal paramount pro with 112 gr blackhorn and a 285 elr.Right over the top at about 150

Sorry. That's very easy to do. Do you get to go back out?

13 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Sorry. That's very easy to do. Do you get to go back out?

Nope had two weeks for the ham hunt and it started out ruff .I did a write up in the javalina section under a swing and a miss that explains my adventure and how bad it started.

4 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Nope had two weeks for the ham hunt and it started out ruff .I did a write up in the javalina section under a swing and a miss that explains my adventure and how bad it started.

Well, every hunt is an experience worth remembering. Sorry for you frustrations.

Just now, Boarman03 said:

Well, every hunt is an experience worth remembering. Sorry for you frustrations.

Can't win them all .I've been lucky and scored First day the last two years archery.

• Like 1