Sign in to follow this  
creed

hunting/camping solo

Probably a split down the middle for me. I go out with family and friends for javelina and rifle deer. Always enjoy the late night conversations around the fire and camaraderie with folks that I may only see once a year. I typically like to solo archery hunt. I like to cover miles before sun up and be on the hillside ready to glass before it is light out. Will walk 8-10 miles in a day and a lot of folks are a hard pass to that. A few years back I got an in-reach mini and have it secured to my bino harness for easy access. My wife knows not to message me unless it is an emergency and she sleeps better at night if I am able to check in on the daily. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Solo almost always. For one I don’t know many people I’d want to hunt with, two I don’t trust anyone, three most people can’t keep up 

This about covers it for me too...

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Solo almost always. For one I don’t know many people I’d want to hunt with, two I don’t trust anyone, three most people can’t keep up 

Four…no witnesses to road hunting and other violations? 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually hunt with buddies, but still hunt alone a bunch too.  Garmin inreach is a must when im alone.  Great piece of mind in case something bad happens.  I've actually been more successful by myself I'd guess.  A little less time pressure while stalking.  

Having people in camp after a long day of solo hunting is always nice. someone to have a cold beer with , and exchange your hunt stories of the day with is something I generally enjoy after being out in the field all day.  I dont like hunting with people next to me . More movement + more noise = being less successful , especially on archery hunts. Id rather divide and conquer.

• Like 3

I started out hunting solo, then hunting with my son, then hunting solo again. Now I enjoy hunting with my grandsons. All good memories.

I absolutely love helping people hunt but when it comes to my tag I'm a solo guy. Me against the animal one on one. I don't know why this is but I don't like any help filling my tags. 

I really like both but if I get an early archery hunt I’ll call for reinforcements when it’s a done deal.  Come on Tag I’m due!!!!!