First stand of the morning started before and ended during sunrise. My FoxPro stopped calling with bad rechargeables 8 minutes into the shotgun-friendly stand so I broke out a quick hand call to keep things moving. 2 coyotes snuck into 60 yards during my second breath and the lead male caught the decoy moving nowhere near the cry of my hand calling. Gone.

Second rifle-friendly stand had 3 coyotes hung up and circling each other at 275 yards between the 12-15 minute mark with backup batteries. Watching comfortably, I guess jackrabbit didn't sound good for breakfast. I lined up the rifle on a broadside dog and while exhaling, noticed another pacing to the front. After the following inhale, preparation met opportunity and I squeezed it off. One dropped, another stumbled hard, and the third ran straight away. I walked up to finish the second with my 12 gauge just feet away, but consider this to be my first 2 coyote in one shot.

Third stand is one of my favorites and almost always produces an opportunity. Today was no different. 5 minutes in and a single coyote was seen charging from several hundred yards away. 2 minutes later, another is walking a ridgeline again 275 yards out. I wait until it stops, shoot, it drops and when the FoxBang kicked in the pup in distress, the original coyote was facing me 10 yards behind the call. Took a frontal shot at 60 yards and another one bites the dust.

20220227_085223.thumb.jpg.cf0c21ad4ebdb5d87481d72953fe8e9a.jpg

Fourth and fifth stands were blanks. It was a great morning and weather to be out thinning a predator-heavy hunting ground last called 9 months ago. All coyotes were harmed with leftover 100 gr SGK deer loads from a 243 Win, which has turned out to be an incredible all-around bullet so far.

20220227_084538.thumb.jpg.bbe5359e7c2b00d96fc26217c2e9c5c0.jpg

20220227_084554.thumb.jpg.c5249e53d7fe168256504e3a061ec276.jpg

• Like 16

Man we got out sunday morning and did a lot of stands. 1 fox and 1 coyote is all we could bring in. Not sure if it was an over called area, the sounds we were using or what. 

7 minutes ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Man we got out sunday morning and did a lot of stands. 1 fox and 1 coyote is all we could bring in. Not sure if it was an over called area, the sounds we were using or what. 

Pm me if you want my $0.02.