Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

WTB: AK47

Looking to buy an AK47, let me know what you have.

All these are true, but still looking for one.

Ammo is going to dry up. If you buy new Russian ammo you ARE supporting Russia. I expect the US will prohibit Russian imports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Ammo is going to dry up. If you buy new Russian ammo you ARE supporting Russia. I expect the US will prohibit Russian imports.

I thought Russian ammo was recently banned from import. 

• Like 1

Tula was beginning to arrive in some volume. Companies were advertising that 7.62x39 was about $0.35 a round.

True Russian or Egyptian aks are going to be hard to come by.The Russian are banned from import.I paid like 239 for my Egyptian maddi and sold it for 750 and if I had it today I'd get more.Grab a gun had century aks for like 650 just recently if that helps.

There are many tons of 7.62x39 and there are lots of other manufacturers of ammo and rifles.

The AK and SKS are built to shoot in most any condition unlike the AR's, but normally at a slight cost to accuracy. Their reliability is phenomenal. I regret selling my AK 223 back in the 90's (1990's), and later my Egyptian Maadi.

But as with all hysteria, I expect the ammo to get increasingly more expensive. Maybe after the wars the guns and ammo will be readily available again, but probably never as cheaply as the "old" days.

Yes, grab it while you can or wait for a decade or two.

And then have fun with it.

If you can’t find one local or in person, I would recommend a WBP.  They are a Polish import.  I have one that I recently bought and I couldn’t be more satisfied with it.  They are a little spendy but I feel like it’s worth it.  There are a couple of links below.  Arms of America in Texas is the importer of these rifles.  Atlantic Firearms also sells them but are now out of stock.  I have a surplus kit 1980 Polish underfolder and this 2021 WBP Jack rifle,  they are built well.  Beware, not all Polish rifles are equal, for example run away from Pioneer AK’s.  The Palmetto guns have mixed reviews, I have an 9mm AK-V and so far it’s been flawless.  Like others have said, the steel case is drying up fast right now, thus getting expensive.  I’d probably stay away from Century guns too.  You can google all of these and make you mind up from owners reviews/complaints.   

https://armsofamerica.com/wbp-jack-rifle-7-62x39/

https://armsofamerica.com/wbp-jack-rifle-556-223-cal/

• Like 1