PRDATR

Guide Recommendation

Sort of interesting to me.   Many outfitters have pricing posted on their websites.  Maybe they just haven’t figured out 2022 pricing yet? Inflation, etc.? 🙄

Oh well, whatever happens, good luck PRDATR! 👊🏼

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stanley said:

Sort of interesting to me.   Many outfitters have pricing posted on their websites.  Maybe they just haven’t figured out 2022 pricing yet? Inflation, etc.? 🙄

Oh well, whatever happens, good luck PRDATR! 👊🏼

Yeah some do and some don't but they don't have a website, at least that I could find. Just a Facebook page. A3 has a website but no pricing. I called them too and left a VM and sent them an inquiry direct from their site so I guess I'll just wait to see if anything pans out or I'll just do the hunt solo like my last Bull hunt.

11 hours ago, wildwoody said:

You talking to Cash or Steal?

Waylon,

He got back to me late last night.

2 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Waylon,

He got back to me late last night.

I'm gonna guess you decided not to go with them after they told you their price. It's outrageous what they charge. 

You might try getting a hold of Rob Hardy (907-355-5291).  He's a one-man show and will guide you personally -- no big entourage, very personalized and he'll block out an entire hunt period (7-9 days) to hunt with you.  He lives right underneath the Rim and is out in the backcountry at least 320 days a year, scouting and guiding.  His prices are competitive and those prices are listed in his website.  Very straightforward and honest guy, and extremely organized. 

9 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

I'm gonna guess you decided not to go with them after they told you their price. It's outrageous what they charge. 

Have you noticed the price of diesel and gas lately? People have no qualms about laying out $50K for a  car or twice that for a truck or 10X's that for a house. 

One thing that people don't take into consideration is how many hours a guide ('s) spend scouting, cost of insurance, NFS Permits. Spare me me PLZ. For me, it's never about the money.

• Like 2

Man, it must be tough when you can’t even pay someone to hunt with you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Man, it must be tough not even being able to pay someone to hunt with you. 

Was that directed to me GG? Not sure what your post is all about.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Have you noticed the price of diesel and gas lately? People have no qualms about laying out $50K for a  car or twice that for a truck or 10X's that for a house. 

One thing that people don't take into consideration is how many hours a guide ('s) spend scouting, cost of insurance, NFS Permits. Spare me me PLZ. For me, it's never about the money.

They charged the same last year when gas prices were half as much. I guess these other top outfitters doing it for $5500 are losing money. And yes people tend to lay out large amounts of money for necessary things in life like vehicles and houses. Not so much for late rifle elk hunts. Even less likely when you're hunting sub par units like you drew. If money is no issue then more power to you. For most people, getting a guide is a once or twice in a lifetime event so money is definitely a factor.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Was that directed to me GG? Not sure what your post is all about.

I think most of us are surprised to find out you even hunt. 

18 hours ago, oz31p said:

I think most of us are surprised to find out you even hunt. 

A broken ankle and Prostrate Cancer have put me on the sidelines the past couple of years and I usually don't post pictures when I do get out.