carpcody

Hunting with glasses

5 hours ago, deserttacoma84 said:

Whats the going rate for Lasik? I have an astigmatism in my right eye which which makes shooting difficult!

I havnt got a price yet but hopefully will soon. Iv got the same thing I believe. When I shoot at dots on a target they look all deformed. 

45 minutes ago, carpcody said:

I havnt got a price yet but hopefully will soon. Iv got the same thing I believe. When I shoot at dots on a target they look all deformed. 

My right eye is just super blurry. I can see the smallest of letters with both eyes open, but close the left and seeing any detail is pretty shot. Doesnt effect glassing, but getting clear site on sights, scopes or pins is tough. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deserttacoma84 said:

Whats the going rate for Lasik? I have an astigmatism in my right eye which which makes shooting difficult!

I was told I can’t get it with my astigmatism. I guess it depends on how bad it is.

12 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I was told I can’t get it with my astigmatism. I guess it depends on how bad it is.

Is that to have insurance cover it or to pay out of pocket? Ive been told the same thing, but messing with contacts or a contact is just a pain. 

1 minute ago, deserttacoma84 said:

Is that to have insurance cover it or to pay out of pocket? Ive been told the same thing, but messing with contacts or a contact is just a pain. 

Lasik is considered an elective surgery, insurance won't touch it

1 minute ago, deserttacoma84 said:

It was just a flat out no from the doc. They would not do it because it wouldn’t work. Nothing to do with insurance or self pay.

1 minute ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Lasik is considered an elective surgery, insurance won't touch it

Certain lasik is covered by insurance depending on your eye sight. My wife had over 30 lasik surgeries covered by insurance. But you correct if the only reason for surgery is for better vision.

21 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Iv heard the same. I’m hoping the lasik people will be honest with me on how effective it will actually be. 

10 minutes ago, carpcody said:

Iv heard the same. I’m hoping the lasik people will be honest with me on how effective it will actually be. 

There are parameters of several different aspects. They will examine you and tell you.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

I have astigmatism and got it. It worked fantastic. 15 years and still no glasses needed. 

I got mine done at Barnet Delany Perkins in Phoenix. 

I think I paid $1200 but it was only one eye. The valium and Percocet cocktail they give you is worth the price of admission. 😁😁

• Like 2

I glass without my glasses I need massive eye relief to start with. When I glass from my tripod my glasses go in my bino pouch. Just understand your glasses will get scratches.

I am starting to wear my glasses more now as well. Need them for distance and crispness and they are helpful for night driving. I take them off to glass and to shoot through a scope. The worst part of wearing them is how they make rough roads look - every rock and dip looks bigger then what they actually are. Hiking with glasses is also hard to get used to.....actually, getting used to being in my mid 50s is somewhat challenging. Lasik was not an option years ago when I looked into it for a stigmatism. Maybe things have changed.