is it legal to use trail cams for feral hogs?

• Like 5

Saw em thick in TX yesterday. Even some road killed ones. 

You don't even need a license,

How about feral horses and burros? How come the Forest Service doesn’t recognize those two as problems?  Oh wait.... they’re cute. 

• Like 2

G&F talks about killing feral hogs in AZ but they won’t say where they are. If they want them killed, tell us where they are and they’ll get killed. I’ll never understand why everyone is so secretive about them here. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

G&F talks about killing feral hogs in AZ but they won’t say where they are. If they want them killed, tell us where they are and they’ll get killed. I’ll never understand why everyone is so secretive about them here. 

They are hoping a bunch of Fudds will go out and shoot some javelina so they can fine them $1000 each. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

At the Walmart 

Not feral there, they’re native species....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I was driving eastbound on I-40 in Aug. 2018, and looked below one of the overpasses between Kingman and Seligman - there were about a dozen feral hogs rooting around.  I called AZGFD in Kingman to report the sighting.  The lady at the front desk kept telling me well, they must have gotten out, contact the sheriff's office to see about notifying the owner.  I kept telling her ma'am, you don't understand these are FERAL hogs.  She just didn't know how bad those things are.  

Around 2014 - 2015 or so, there was a fenced hunting opportunity on one of the hobby ranches in about the same area, except S. of I-40 and E. of Hwy. 93.  I was at Desert Archery in Kingman, when Stuart Bowman was there.  He had an ad posted on his bulletin board for hunts.  Believe it was 18A, but may have been 18B.  Also talked to a guy at a long-range varmint silhouette match, who had hunted there.  Black fella, gung-ho hunter, said he had taken one or two, and they were quite tasty.  Those suckers are as wild as deer.