Sign in to follow this  
guyhaz

Unit Breakdown

Anyone have what the breakdown is for drawing early archery elk for unit 6a. I am curious to see what the max bonus points it takes to draw this hunt. Hunt number is 3156. I had 7 bonus points and didn't get drawn. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope next year my number gets called. 🙂

4.6% chance of 6A early archery bull for 7 points but 8 points would of given you 100%. 

I would imagine by next year, 8 points won’t be 100% either. 

• Like 1

It's not just point creep, this year when I kill a 400 inch bull in 6A and post pictures with the unit- the masses will apply for 6A next year... and it will take 10 points... LOL - sometimes if the masses shift to another unit - it could take more points than the prior year. 

You are right there, good luck! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Redman said:

It's not just point creep, this year when I kill a 400 inch bull in 6A and post pictures with the unit- the masses will apply for 6A next year... and it will take 10 points... LOL - sometimes if the masses shift to another unit - it could take more points than the prior year. 

You are right there, good luck! 

Maybe that will make 4B easier to get drawn for

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

Maybe that will make 4B easier to get drawn for

Gotta say “forbee”. Keep the internet searches down.  I guess if they just search “best unit in AZ” all 4b posts will come up anyhow.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Gotta say “forbee”. Keep the internet searches down.  I guess if they just search “best unit in AZ” all 4b posts will come up anyhow.  

Gotcha 

Keep the faith. I had 7 points and drew 6a this year. I think it was tag 76.

With all of the hunters putting in its getting tougher and tougher. I'm afraid this may be my last elk hunt.

toprut gives 61.5% with 7 points and 100% with 8.

iread somewhere that were 18000 more apps this year then last year.

It's only going to get harder to get drawn.  There are 200 - 300 people moving to Phoenix every day.  

It used to be a dream for people back east to come hunt "out west".  Only people that could afford to hire guides or the truly adventurous came out to hunt. 

Now, with Youtube, social media, hunting forums such as this, people can do research online and have a good idea where to go.  They have to pay for the tag and the transportation.  That's a lot cheaper than it used to be.

• Like 1