Sign in to follow this  
nathan coe

San Carlos turkey

I got an tag for San Carlos turkey this year but I got the first hunt, starting March 26. Although I was hoping for the last hunt I’ll take what I can get. I don’t expect the birds to be talking too much or super hunting friendly. Anybody have any experience with this hunt? Any tips or places to checkout as I’ve never hunted on the Rez before would be super appreciated!

I usually hunt the 2nd hunt but I decided not to hunt this year after they cancelled the hunt and did not refund me for my hunt two years ago due to covid outbreak.  IMO the first hunt is probably the best because they are not spooked and haven't been hunted as much.  My advice to you is to get as far away from the main dirt road that goes from east to west across the rez.  Make sure you have all your ducks in a row too because every time I have hunted there I have been checked by their law enforcement.  Everyone in camp needs to have a tag or a camping permit.  Also remember, you are a long way from any conveniences so make sure you don't forget anything.  Report back after your hunt.  Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1