Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

What’s your 401K doing?

It’s all about what you own inside the 401k.  Most asset classes are down this year.  Energy and commodities are about the only positive returns for the year.  Think of it as buying on sale when the market is down if you are contributing to your 401k.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t think you would be down over the last 9 months unless your allocation is pretty conservative.  Market peaked in late December.  Year to date it’s down but not down over 9 months.  You should be flat at worst over nine months, again, it’s all based on the funds you own.

B41267FC-5DCB-4A8D-9194-BFFEE206CACF.thumb.jpeg.0da3fa762379c1753f5d9a85af1cc981.jpeg

i was steady 6-10% for the last 7 years. We were a privately held company until 2 years ago. They just switched us over to Fidelity and I am now losing 7%. Words cant describe how pissed I am. I just stopped all contributions. Fing joke. 

2 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

I wouldn’t think you would be down over the last 9 months unless your allocation is pretty conservative.  Market peaked in late December.  Year to date it’s down but not down over 9 months.  You should be flat at worst over nine months, again, it’s all based on the funds you own.

B41267FC-5DCB-4A8D-9194-BFFEE206CACF.thumb.jpeg.0da3fa762379c1753f5d9a85af1cc981.jpeg

Like I said, it’s been flat but dropped the past month. I understand the drop. I’m not in a conservative profile. I’m in a more aggressive scenario but not full aggressive.

1 minute ago, ctafoya said:

i was steady 6-10% for the last 7 years. We were a privately held company until 2 years ago. They just switched us over to Fidelity and I am now losing 7%. Words cant describe how pissed I am. I just stopped all contributions. Fing joke. 

I’m thinking of doing something like a vanguard fund outside of 401K just so I can control it more.

2 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Keep contributing, you’re buying on sale

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m thinking of doing something like a vanguard fund outside of 401K just so I can control it more.

VTI 

• Like 1

Short term losses, mean long term gains. Expand your data range and you’ll see even during downtrends, the market is always in an upward growth trend.

Time in the market beats timing the market.

Heres ten years in the S&P 500. Even the Covid dip hasn’t stopped the upward trend. 
27D58987-2403-44C3-BF83-63AD451A14B4.thumb.jpeg.7594156bb5a83974bdfc91cb4f49358a.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Newbie2012 said:

Short term losses, mean long term gains. Expand your data range and you’ll see even during downtrends, the market is always in an upward growth trend.

Time in the market beats timing the market.

Heres ten years in the S&P 500. Even the Covid dip hasn’t stopped the upward trend. 
27D58987-2403-44C3-BF83-63AD451A14B4.thumb.jpeg.7594156bb5a83974bdfc91cb4f49358a.jpeg

Couldn’t agree more.  

• Like 2