Sign in to follow this  
1uglydude

Cabinet Repair

I need a cabinet guy.

About 5 years ago we had new cabinets installed.  The guy who put them in has retired, closed shop, and doesn't appear to be reachable.  About a year ago my daughter broke the mechanism that allows the garbage cans to slide in and out from the hidden cabinet...ripped the bracket right out of the particle board.

It doesn't seem like it would be a terribly difficult fix, but it's beyond my wheelhouse.  I have had a terrible time finding a cabinet professional to come in an take a look at it.  The job is just too small, and no one is interested.  I'd settle for a good handyman if he has experience with cabinetry or the like.

So, does anyone have a suggestion of someone I might contact in the east valley?  My wife has been riding my a$$ for a year to get this done, and I just can't find anyone I would trust.  It shouldn't be this hard to find someone.  I'm willing to pay what it takes to get it done right.  Also, if we find the right person, then I'd likely talk to them about potentially building some custom shelves or a build out fireplace down the road.

That is correct...............helps me know that if I'm coming from Snowflake and I think I can help, I have exactly what I need to take care of the job.

Does it attach to the door?

What kind of glide system does it run on?

Exactly how much of the particleboard is actually busted out?

I mean, he doesn't have to include powerlines or anything like that but it really does help determine qualifications necessary! If I lived next door I would want to take a look before I said......yes I can help you! :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We ordered cabinets in March of 2021 and didn't receive them until October and could not get anyone to install them until December.
The cabinet MFG said half of their employees quit and went on COVID relief.

We had a similar problem where the particle board gave way in one of our drawers. 

We ordered this drawer (I think they have many sizes and styles available) and it was fairly easy to move the sliders and attach the old faceplate to the new drawer. 

https://cabinetdoor.store/product/maple-dovetail-drawer-box/

Price was fair and quality is good and the drawer is not particle board so I expect it to last quite a long time.

Good luck,

Eddie

If you still need a cabinet guy message me.  I know a few.

If it helps, I am far from a carpenter but if it is just the inside pieces giving up (structural not cosmetic) I've fixed 3 or 4 around the house over the years.  Just plywood and some power grab and they have held up and work just fine.  If it helps I can post a picture, but essentially just copied the particle board that broke out with plywood.   10+ years of extra life on the oldest one by now and you can't tell from the outside.