Sign in to follow this  
Len901

Adg 300 prc brass

3 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Not familiar with ADG. Any good?

Lapua, ADG and Peterson make excellent brass.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Thanks! Been looking and just grabbed some.

With ADG brass, make sure to start with lower charge weights and work your way up.  They use more material in specific areas so high charges can result in over pressure. 

From manufacturer:

ADG 6.5 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) brass was designed not only for consistency, but for durability.  One of the ways we accomplished this was adding material to the case in specific areas to strengthen it.  With the additional material, our brass is heavier than most other manufacturers brass and therefore will require lower charge weights to achieve the same pressures and velocities due to the reduced volume inside the brass.  We recommend using a reputable load data source and working up from their recommended minimum starting loads.  Failure to reduce charge weights established using other manufacturers brass may result in higher pressures and velocities while using ADG brass and may result in unsafe pressure levels.

• Like 1

Just now, northAZarcher said:

With ADG brass, make sure to start with lower charge weights and work your way up.  They use more material in specific areas so high charges can result in over pressure. 

Thanks I was doing some research and just reading that. What I read suggested backing my weight off by a few grains to start. Does this sound reasonable? Also, this is a new load development I am working on. If anyone has any good load data they like using 215 Hybrid Target Berger bullets with H1000 or Retumbo, I would love to hear it.

Thanks

its good brass will last just as long if  not longer then any other brass wont be dissapointed