maximus

No More Guides, No More Finder’s Fees in Utah

i didn't know they use that many people for a trophy hunt, what is the satisfaction for the hunter? that you kill a trophy animal? is not hunting.

Many hunts in high profile units utilize “spotters” keeping an eye on the target animal, up to 12 or even 15 spotters and guides on each hunt is not uncommon

A little rule here, a little rule there pretty soon you have a lot of rules that can be spun around to stop Hunting.  Be careful what you ask for because you might get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

A little rule here, a little rule there pretty soon you have a lot of rules that can be spun around to stop Hunting.  Be careful what you ask for because you might get it.

You don't hunt, rules won't affect you. Back to your dungeons and dragons games.  

If Game and Fish got into the business of being guides and outfitters, they would make more money and can incorporate all their 'job duties" like flights, cams, surveys and will help out the hunter.  Make guiding into a State run business and take it out of the private sector. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, n2horns said:

If Game and Fish got into the business of being guides and outfitters, they would make more money and can incorporate all their 'job duties" like flights, cams, surveys and will help out the hunter.  Make guiding into a State run business and take it out of the private sector. 

Yes! Everything is always better with more Government involvement! Let’s  gooooo comrades!!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, n2horns said:

You serious Clark?

I personally hate more regulations!!!!  It wasn't perfect before, but neither will this be.  Horrible idea!  This is another poor example of jealous people trying to stop those who are more successful!

• Like 1

My comment was a joke, I guess when I dropped that similar one at the comedy store and nobody got, should have used it twice. It is like putting on a condom you used the night before.

My thought is if people want to spend money who cares, it is theirs.  They earned/made it.  I hate government overreach, look at the crap now with inflation and nonsense.

Hunting will soon become an elitist activity anyways, and we wont be playing.

Peace out, time to go nap and rest, Saturday night is swinging night and tonight should be super fun!

On 3/10/2022 at 7:06 AM, JSR said:

The headline is misleading.

Read the story. They are not trying to do away with guides.

There is a bill in Utah that cleared the House and Senate unanimously that will limit the number of guides and spotters on public lands per hunter. Now, the new limit will be two per hunter if passed by the commission

Should be ONE.  Just my opinion.  I'm generally not in favor of regulations, but some fat cat eatin' donuts in camp until one of the 15 spotters employed by his "guide" has the quarry bedded with a rifle already set up for him and ferrys him out in a stretch limo Ranger is BS.  Just sayin'.  

• Like 3

After counting JJs 30 plus dudes whoring over his bull I am totally for this. No penis envy needed for that to disgust any hunter.

• Like 6

On 3/12/2022 at 11:49 AM, Big Browns said:

I personally hate more regulations!!!!  It wasn't perfect before, but neither will this be.  Horrible idea!  This is another poor example of jealous people trying to stop those who are more successful!

You really think guys that are opposed to giant posses of guys chasing an animal, are jealous? 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:49 AM, Big Browns said:

Jealous? Hee haw. posse hunting is nothing but a clown 🤡 show. Nobody is jealous of try-Hards. Hope Az adopts something similar. If you need a small community to kill a mature animal you need to hang it up. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Jealous? Hee haw. posse hunting is nothing but a clown 🤡 show. Nobody is jealous of try-Hards. Hope Az adopts something similar. If you need a small community to kill a mature animal you need to hang it up. 

There are those who put more value on getting an animal down than the hard work and experience of the hunt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

There are those who put more value on getting an animal down than the hard work and experience of the hunt.

I can appreciate this perspective. But 10+ people to hunt an animal I can’t wrap my brain around this logic and think it’s a black eye to western hunting.

• Like 6