Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

Anyone have any luck in 6b?

Had early bull archery hunt  last year. It was a a lots of fun!

Hunted there last year. They were bugling pretty good towards the middle of the hunt, but definitely sporadic on most days. How many pts did she have? This is the bull I ended up with. Any decent 6x6 should be a target bull.

E466C48F-74D8-4DFD-9519-23C853A0D1EE.jpeg

• Like 10

Only experience I have in “6B” is the camp Navajo area. From what I have seen there are plenty of 300-330” type bulls, with the occasional 350+. As far as cows, there are plenty of elk around. Find a good trail and wait. 

The terrain is different in that unit so the elk have different patterns vs other more popular units. There is no decent winter range for them other than sycamore canyon. That can significantly impact antler growth some years. The same bull can swing back forth from 280 to 340 class depending on green up in that unit. If someone is willing to learn those elk it is a very fun hunt. This year I think the antler growth should start out well so there is hope for really nice looking bulls. Mild winters with later warmer storms esp in spring favor 6B 

• Like 1

Most of the winter range was burned last summer, a lot of moonscaped terrain where the elk spend much of the winter. This will have an effect on antler growth throughout the unit, just because there was simply less food for them this winter.