firstcoueswas80

AZ 3D shoots

8 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

I have been to quite a few of the 3-D tourneys in recent years and regret not going years ago.  It's a lot of fun and you meet other shooters/hunters who enjoy helping out novices like me.  Just shoot to your own abilities and don't think you're going to beat guys that can shoot constant 12's.

Honestly the fact that my archery skills are very average is the main thing I’ve worried about that has kept me from looking into these events more. Very cool to hear that a lot of people are helpful. I need to start going too. 

• Like 1

3D shoots are tons of fun for entire family and I'm surprised not as many people shoot them as in the past.  There are people shooting at all different skill levels and abilities.  Beats staying home and watching TV. 

• Like 2

What knothead said ^^^  Anybody that is thinking about trying 3-d could go to Usery and shoot the 3-d course they have set up there.  You can do it without an audience and get comfortable shooting at animal size targets without a bale behind it.  The first few shots can be intimidating but you can shoot from any distance you want-you don't have to shoot from the markers.  You can use a rangefinder or guess the distances.  Just be ready to get hooked cause it's very addicting.

• Like 1