Jazz

Wife needs a new bow

I think.

She's got an ancient PSE Fury? I think- and it's 20+. 

Thinking about a Matthews Prima. Was gonna hit up AZ Archery this weekend to test drive. Any good bows for the ladies out there?

My wife has the Mathews avail, which is basically the same bow as the Prima, just a few years older, only real difference is the Avail has a 6” brace height and the prima has a 5 1/2” brace height. It’s been a great bow. Give the Prima a try. 

I have a brand new, in box, never never fired Mathew Avail with 25” DL and 50lb limbs. Willing to sell if interested. Would save you some $ over a new one.  

That avail is an awesome little bow. Draw length, change is just a simple module swap, can be done in minutes, if the draw length is right for her

On 3/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, el diablo said:

I have a brand new, in box, never never fired Mathew Avail with 25” DL and 50lb limbs. Willing to sell if interested. Would save you some $ over a new one.  

She's 25.5- I assume that can be modified? I'll run it by her. I'm sure she still wants to test drive that Prima. 

Can't find a archery dealer that's open Sun-Mon- My days off. Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

She's 25.5- I assume that can be modified? I'll run it by her. I'm sure she still wants to test drive that Prima. 

Can't find a archery dealer that's open Sun-Mon- My days off. Go figure. 

i think Ross is open sundays.

11 hours ago, maximus said:

i think Ross is open sundays.

No they aren’t but they are open on Mondays and in my opinion one of the best shops out there. 

Jazz,  

Mathews bows tend to run about a half inch long in draw length. It will probably draw at 25.5 inches with the 25inch mods installed. But to answer your question, draw lengths can be changed with a simple module swap

8 hours ago, el diablo said:

No they aren’t but they are open on Mondays and in my opinion one of the best shops out there. 

i thouhgt for some reason that they were open and yes they are the best.

Yeah we bought the Avail. Threw a Spott Hog on it and are going to sight it in tonight.

She's super stoked.