Brian27

Sold

Hi all, I know this may be a long shot but I am looking to buy at least one rod/reel and possibly tackle for off shore fishing. I am headed to Lobo’s in a couple weeks with 3 other guys and I would like to make sure I have what is needed. 

last trip to CA the gear was stolen from my brothers boat. So we are lacking. 

What do you have? 

Brian

623-693-3205

I have never fished there. but they may have all the tackle you need.  I usually pick up stuff at Phoenix Fishing near Camelfack and 51 fwy.

I am selling some irons see below. I probably can dig up some larger new and almost new irons ie., surface and sinking for like yellowtail.

Check craigslist I sold lots of my saltwater fishing gear there and what was left I traded my dad for a ruger redhawk 44 mag.There are a lot of guys fishing salt in this state and stuff pops up from time to time.

You need a broomstick with a 120lb mainline, 200lb leader 

then you need something like a 40lb setup for yellowtail 

5E5530E6-D7F4-4B30-9D66-A709266378D5.jpeg

however that fish was caught on 65lb braid and 250lb leader 

There’s no fish in Lobos... it’s all rumors.

• Like 1

I have several rods and reels. Couple of Penn gold trollers and a couple of lighter Shimano rods and reels we have caught marlin on in the Cabo area. I live in Fountain Hills and get home around noon if you want to take a look. Haven't used the gear for many years so might need to dig it out.

Just looked and I have two great Shimano Triton 7' rods for 30-80 pounds, one Penn custom 7' rod 12#-30# and a Penn Saber 7' trolling rod that is 40# to 100#. I have a Penn International 30W and somewhere I have a Penn International 50 and two shimano reels for the shimano rods that match up perfectly. Anyway my wife has pancreatic cancer and I am old so doubt I will get down to Cabo again.

Hi Ringer I just sent you a private message. I would love to work out a deal if possible. So sorry to hear about your wife. Cancer sucks!

6 hours ago, Ringer said:

I have several rods and reels. Couple of Penn gold trollers and a couple of lighter Shimano rods and reels we have caught marlin on in the Cabo area. I live in Fountain Hills and get home around noon if you want to take a look. Haven't used the gear for many years so might need to dig it out.

Just looked and I have two great Shimano Triton 7' rods for 30-80 pounds, one Penn custom 7' rod 12#-30# and a Penn Saber 7' trolling rod that is 40# to 100#. I have a Penn International 30W and somewhere I have a Penn International 50 and two shimano reels for the shimano rods that match up perfectly. Anyway my wife has pancreatic cancer and I am old so doubt I will get down to Cabo again.

Sending prayers for your wife Ringer. I watched my sister in law  of 35 years battle it. Brian is right, Cancer Sucks.

• Like 1

Thanks. We been married for 54 years so it is going to take a toll when she goes. I will be living in a 5th wheel in Tonto Basin with our dog. Not that i have to but I really want to just hang out after I sell my business. Brian- sent you some photos of the gear. It was all bought new for two trips with clients so nothing wrong with it. I looked but can't find the 50TW international or the lures I had or the two triton reels. Somewhere in the garage.

• Like 1

Penn 113 with 80 lb braid and a 150 leader for the groupers

Penn spinning reel in 6500 size with 65 lb braid for yellow tail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

Penn 113 with 80 lb braid and a 150 leader for the groupers

Penn spinning reel in 6500 size with 65 lb braid for yellow tail

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Just have to find some decent gear an a moderate budget.

1 hour ago, Ringer said:

Thanks. We been married for 54 years so it is going to take a toll when she goes. I will be living in a 5th wheel in Tonto Basin with our dog. Not that i have to but I really want to just hang out after I sell my business. Brian- sent you some photos of the gear. It was all bought new for two trips with clients so nothing wrong with it. I looked but can't find the 50TW international or the lures I had or the two triton reels. Somewhere in the garage.

Sending prayers to you and your Wife Ringer. If you two ever need anything please let me know.