Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckfever

Celebration of Life Service

20 minutes ago, bigbuckfever said:

Big Browns (and anyone else who is interested), Last year I convinced my dad, to let me record him in his own words, telling me some of his stories. I didn't trust my memory to keep all the details straight. My daughter put them together and edited it with a few pics and she just finished it today.  He didn't want me to put the stories out while he was still alive because he didn't want anybody to think he was bragging about himself.  If you're interested, the video was just uploaded to YouTube.  The link is   youtu.be/U8x085faYsQ

Thanks BBF.  I'll watch it later today and have the Kleenex close by as I know it's going to remind me of my Dad.

My condolences to you and your family.

Eddie

• Like 1

Just saw this today and spent a few hours on YouTube. Great stories. He had one heck of life. Condolences to you and your family. My dad's pushing 80 and glad he is still around. I'm slowly hearing some of his stories from Nam when he was there. My grandfather died too young to tell anyone of his experiences during WW2. Not sure he wanted to anyway, he died chasing the bottom of a bottle. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Just saw this today and spent a few hours on YouTube. Great stories. He had one heck of life. Condolences to you and your family. My dad's pushing 80 and glad he is still around. I'm slowly hearing some of his stories from Nam when he was there. My grandfather died too young to tell anyone of his experiences during WW2. Not sure he wanted to anyway, he died chasing the bottom of a bottle. 

Thanks for that^^^.  Treasure the times you get to spend with your dad.  What I would give to have him call me and invite me over to have a beer and a cigar one more time.  Hopefully your grandfather can RIP.

• Like 1

I just got an email the other day from the curator of the National Marine Corps Museum in VA asking about featuring Dave in an exhibit to honor his contributions to the Corps.  I'm taking pics now of some of his artifacts to possibly donate to the museum.

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

Sorry to hear about your dad. I’m going through it with my mom now.

I feel your pain brother.

• Thanks 1