bigorange

Bonus Points on draw app details

I saw this mentioned in the draw results thread, but never really saw an answer as to whether there was any real explanation (and no I haven't personally asked AZGFD about it)...the bonus points listed on the draw application detail (at least on mine) don't make sense.

My points show as zero, which might make sense seeing that I drew a tag last year but I have a loyalty point and a hunter ed point so it should be 2. The other 2 guys that applied with me are listed as 3 points each which might be correct...I'm honestly not sure. The group average is listed as 3 which my math says should be 2 if they averaged 0, 3, and 3. Unless of course mine really counted as 2 and they averaged 2, 3, and 3...nothing about this makes sense.

• Like 1

Mine is correct. I went in with 9 points.  (7 individual, hunter ed and loyalty)  Shows my individual points as 7 and group average as 9.

I noticed it as well. On my kids combined app, the point total for each kid was short by one. I assume it was the hunter ed point since neither of the two on this app has a loyalty yet. However, the averaged group total reflected to correct number.

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Mine is correct. I went in with 9 points.  (7 individual, hunter ed and loyalty)  Shows my individual points as 7 and group average as 9.

That might explain it, although it still doesn’t really make sense to not include the hunter ed and loyalty points in the points displayed for each hunter but count them toward the average. I’d like to hope that as long as the correct average is used for the draw it should be okay, but hard to know when things don’t appear to add up. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bigorange said:

I saw this mentioned in the draw results thread, but never really saw an answer as to whether there was any real explanation (and no I haven't personally asked AZGFD about it)...the bonus points listed on the draw application detail (at least on mine) don't make sense.

My points show as zero, which might make sense seeing that I drew a tag last year but I have a loyalty point and a hunter ed point so it should be 2. The other 2 guys that applied with me are listed as 3 points each which might be correct...I'm honestly not sure. The group average is listed as 3 which my math says should be 2 if they averaged 0, 3, and 3. Unless of course mine really counted as 2 and they averaged 2, 3, and 3...nothing about this makes sense.

So I called and they did not have an answer to my questions about my points. They did confirm I have the right amount of points. Antelope I should have had 16 going in and my app said 3. elk I should have had 2 on the ap but it showed zero.

1 minute ago, Curtis Reed said:

My points on the portal are all correct as of yesterday 

My points on the portal are correct, but my points in the application detail Look weird. I haven’t gone back to look at previous years to see if they looked weird too. 

I saw an app on FB that had 7,2,2,2 which averages to 3.25, but their party app said 6. ?!

I’ve had the same weird stuff every year. If you go into the draw details section for past years the hunter ed point is included in the individual points section as well, (at least for me) but not this year. Also I had a loyalty point for pronghorn and for elk that is not there for some reason now. Just disappeared even though I have applied for both every year for 6 or 7 years now so no reason for it to suddenly go away.