Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Sedona inexpensive place to stay???

Is there any places im Sedona that are inexpensive places to stay?  Looking towards end of April, and all seems crazy high.

with those prices you are better off to stay in flagstaff or cottonwood and drive, i looked a the prices last week and it is crazy.

• Like 1

I thought I was gong nuts on not finding a reasonable rate, everything was like 400 bucks. Sedona prices sure have changed.  I have my sister and family coming into town and they have a place to stay, but I like to have my own get away from the family for some peaceful sleep LOL.  I may just bring my truck and camp and take a few days in nature.

• Like 3

Guest akaspecials
29 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I may just bring my truck and camp and take a few days in nature.

Fair warning, there is most likely a van full of hippies or a no parking sign in most of your former campsites.... 

52 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I thought I was gong nuts on not finding a reasonable rate, everything was like 400 bucks. Sedona prices sure have changed.  I have my sister and family coming into town and they have a place to stay, but I like to have my own get away from the family for some peaceful sleep LOL.  I may just bring my truck and camp and take a few days in nature.

No one can escape Joe-Flation.

Its everywhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akaspecials said:

Fair warning, there is most likely a van full of hippies or a no parking sign in most of your former campsites.... 

Signs scare me, got into trouble once by putting cones around my truck, mascaraing as worker for the city.  Even had a card hat and extra hi vis vest on hanging on front seat.  I learned to park for free at ASU that way for many years, even when I didnt go there anymore.

Hippies don't scare me, it could be a kinky kind of fun LOL 

1 hour ago, northAZarcher said:

The last time we went to Sedona,  the traffic to get in the city was absolutely ridiculous.   We turned around and never went back.

Same here, in 1995.

• Like 1

we dragged the trailer and stayed in cottonwood. it was like $60 a night cheaper to just be down the road a bit. 

the next time we stayed in cottonwood and did airbnb on a house

I think I may just stay with my sister and her family, big family camp out at the hotel.  I'm not a fan of Sedona, but since they are coming to AZ, they want to be in Sedona.

On 3/14/2022 at 4:25 PM, n2horns said:

Hippies don't scare me, it could be a kinky kind of fun LOL 

Hippies are generally swingers...might be just your style. LoL