Sign in to follow this  
northAZarcher

RL 26 pressure spikes

Anybody use RL 26 in AZ and seen significant spikes in pressure?  I found 2 loads that my rifle like for my 7 saum and one is 62 grains of RL 26.  I know temps fluctuate quite a bit here in AZ and wondering if I should stick to H1000.

RL26 has a temp coating so that shouldn't be an issue. Sounds like you may too close to rifling. Try seating a little deeper.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:30 PM, northAZarcher said:

Anybody use RL 26 in AZ and seen significant spikes in pressure?  I found 2 loads that my rifle like for my 7 saum and one is 62 grains of RL 26.  I know temps fluctuate quite a bit here in AZ and wondering if I should stick to H1000.

What weight bullet? RL26 has temp coating but it's a tad faster than H1000. About two grains less than H1000

I was finally able to get some Rl26 and look forward to trying it out. I’ve read a bunch trying to answer your same question and a lot of the forums I found stated there wasn’t a noticeable change in pressure except when temps were above the 85 deg range. I ordered a new chrono, so I’m hoping to test things out pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, CraigK said:

I was finally able to get some Rl26 and look forward to trying it out. I’ve read a bunch trying to answer your same question and a lot of the forums I found stated there wasn’t a noticeable change in pressure except when temps were above the 85 deg range. I ordered a new chrono, so I’m hoping to test things out pretty soon. 

What Chrono did you get?

15 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

What Chrono did you get?

I ordered the magnetospeed sporter. I had a LabRadar, but stupidly sold it to fund some other projects at the time. 

• Like 1