Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Mad as heck about Nevada

I can’t believe it I have been applying in Nevada for deer, elk & antelope for the last 14 years. I have been building points as a non resident in some of the top tier units hoping to get lucky. Last year I missed the application deadline due to some unforeseen life happens issues. Needless to say I go to apply for this year only to find out all of my points have been erased. I called fish & game to see I what was going on, only to be told my points are gone for good since I missed last year. This is total BS 14 years of applying gone because I missed 1 draw cycle UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

better odds at poker.  It is pay to play, all states should have these same rules for resident and non.  Just keeps people on their toes who really want to hunt.

2 minutes ago, n2horns said:

better odds at poker.  It is pay to play, all states should have these same rules for resident and non.  Just keeps people on their toes who really want to hunt.

Wanting to hunt has nothing to do with it!! I love to hunt as much as anyone on here, but as I stated unforseen things happen in life that makes hunting take a back seat. 14 years of applying should show my determination. I don’t think your points should Be stripped when things happen!!  Arizona takes your loyalty point if you miss a year & I think that is justified. To lose all your points is BS. I hope based off your comment that you don’t have a life happens moment since your the only one on your toes that like to hunt!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, goinhuntn said:

Wanting to hunt has nothing to do with it!! I love to hunt as much as anyone on here, but as I stated unforseen things happen in life that makes hunting take a back seat. 14 years of applying should show my determination. I don’t think your points should Be stripped when things happen!!  Arizona takes your loyalty point if you miss a year & I think that is justified. To lose all your points is BS. I hope based off your comment that you don’t have a life happens moment since your the only one on your toes that like to hunt!!

I have had the life moments and lost my points in 2 different states. Sucks heck ya. But AZ, when I was going thru stuff with my parents, I was grateful for a super easy Bonus Point process. I even lost loyalty points because of life moments. In reality and looking back now, who cares. I spent really cool times with my parents and thats what counted!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I have had the life moments and lost my points in 2 different states. Sucks heck ya. But AZ, when I was going thru stuff with my parents, I was grateful for a super easy Bonus Point process. I even lost loyalty points because of life moments. In reality and looking back now, who cares. I spent really cool times with my parents and thats what counted!

I will have to agree with you. I guess all my focus will be on hunting my great state of Arizona!! After all I did draw an early archery elk tag here this year 👍!

• Like 2

Do their regs  not state that points will be cancelled upon non application?  If they do, then quit blaming the Nevada game and fish for your mistake.  Not saying I agree with their policy, but after 14 years of applying you  certainly should have been aware of them .....Suck it up and own it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Garryett said:

2 years per their website…

5BF31F77-006C-47FC-B4F0-643220B19511.png

Sounds like you missed more than last year.....

• Like 1

I quit applying for moose in WY and they sent me like 86 emails notifying me that last year that I was gonna lose my points. I don’t think there’s any state that just drops you after one year.  Something’s fishy here.  

• Like 1

I will have to call again

11 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Sounds like you missed more than last year.....

Nope just missed last year.

I’m going to call them again & try to get this fixed. I only missed last year!