Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Mad as heck about Nevada

24 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

You got to fight for it. Receipts etc. I had to do it here.

Should be a paper trail on all of it 

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Hope an unexpected life changing moment never happens in your family where you happen to miss putting in for a draw, since you are Mr. Perfect!! Have a great night Richard!

My opinion is it should not matter how many years you skip or miss applying nor the reason. The point is they are YOUR BONUS POINTS you PAID FOR and they show up in your NV portal, they can see you purchased them and applied so you own the points, not the draw system. No reason for them to delete them.

They should also send you an alert for every species you have points for warning you that you will lose them if you do not buy a license, apply for a hint or Bonus Point Only and pay them. Their systems can send you an email alert about every other NDOW event, they should add the alert/warning that you are about to have a product you have been purchasing stolen from you.

Some may say, they are purging inactive/deceased past applicants, for what reason? Those folks are not applying, their points aren't circulating in the draw, so who cares? It really is all about, and only about, the $$$$$.

17 minutes ago, AZJR said:

My opinion is it should not matter how many years you skip or miss applying nor the reason. The point is they are YOUR BONUS POINTS you PAID FOR and they show up in your NV portal, they can see you purchased them and applied so you own the points, not the draw system. No reason for them to delete them.

They should also send you an alert for every species you have points for warning you that you will lose them if you do not buy a license, apply for a hint or Bonus Point Only and pay them. Their systems can send you an email alert about every other NDOW event, they should add the alert/warning that you are about to have a product you have been purchasing stolen from you.

Some may say, they are purging inactive/deceased past applicants, for what reason? Those folks are not applying, their points aren't circulating in the draw, so who cares? It really is all about, and only about, the $$$$$.

Regarding your first point/paragraph, I'm thinking that they DO have a reason to delete them.    Basically, them's the rules.....    (Possibly they're going for some sort of 'loyalty' spin on it....)

For your second point regarding what they "should" do, my feeling is woulda/coulda/shoulda....   I guess they might be able to, but are they supposed to send an alert/update out for every occurence?

Finally regarding your final point on purging records for inactive/deceased applicants, there is actually one very good reason, which is IT/Technology health.  Bad practice to leave records on a database indefinitely.   Also, 'only about money....'??   Not really sure how this would have anything to do with money.  In fact, if they didn't purge the OPs points, I suspect he would be more likely to continue to apply and pay fees, so that seems like it's the opposite of being about money. ;) 

Oh well, good luck to OP and all others who get stung in any sort of way by this sort of thing.

17 hours ago, AZJR said:

So, you’re saying  that the NGF and all other agencies should baby sit  the slack jawed, inattentive , hobby hunters to make sure they don’t miss out on  their entitled opportunity to get entered into a draw?   Right.....   Go back to the west coast... this is AZ.

• Haha 1

OP was about NEVADA, don't think thr OP was discussing AZ regarding this matter. Most of us AZ Resident applicants are well-versed in how the AZ Drawings and the BP System operates. 

The NDOW (Nevada Departmemt of Wildlife) DOES send out frequent email alerts for everything NDOW related at the present time, why not simply add this one to the list, especially since the folks have been paying to play all along?

It is disappointing that some folks appear to get a particular chuckle out of learning of a fellow hunter's loss of their BPs, almost as if it's a sport in and of itself. 

• Like 5