JackJ

Suggestion for 6A Archery

Hello All

It's been 7 years but I finally drew a 6a archery bull tag. Any guidance? I'm will to scout hard and hunt the full time if necessary.

I will scout around Mormon lake. East of monmon lake is 5B. I'm assuming that was a joke.

Isn't it going to probably still be too ward for the southern part of the unit? Do you mean like the rattlesnake area?

Very difficult to get away from people on that hunt.  I would say 2/3 of hunters are north of Stoneman lake rd and 1/3 south of it.  There are elk throughout the entire unit.  One year my son had the hunt and on the 2nd Sunday morning we counted 19 different hunters/helpers in the field before 7:00 am.  Good Luck

• Like 2

Yeah that is my fear.. I also hear that because of all the pressure even when they are bugling they stop about 8AM. I just need a few good general areas that I can scout and then plan on spending a lot of time in the field away from the roads.

A good quad or sxs is recommended for 6a or just a truck you don't give a crap if you bang it up some spots are difficult to get to after the fires that went thru .There are several places that require some tight squeezes and the spots don't have to be overly hard to get to .I've got a video I posted stuck between cows and cows and can tell you that spot is along a trail that people will pass up .Myself and several friends have taken some good bulls off it and my dads muzzleloader bull a 6x7 was taken less than 2 miles from there .My family and I usually will be up camping in April or May and a few hours in the sxs will give you a good start .my muzzleloader bull elk.I've tried 3 times to rotate pic and it comes out the same

0525210244.jpg

• Like 1

Just resize a little smaller and flip it 

B35727A8-B733-4176-BF2A-6CB3CF337294.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd turn the tag back in due to lots of issues this year... not enough water, too much hunting pressure, no real direction on where to hunt, there was a good bull there but some "crazy" guy shot it already, & the list goes on & on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1