Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Anyone do security camera installs

Jim owns Copperstate Lock & Key and does security system installs.  He's a member here but I've forgotten his user name.  6027682342

On 3/20/2022 at 6:36 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

Did my own last year thru Wyze. Less than an hour. Heck, less than half an hour and I had 4 cams up. Cost was less than a few hundred.

Can you elaborate more. I'm thinking of getting something that links to WiFi..

I have the Wyze outdoor cams. Rechargeable batteries last about 4 months and they can be mounted almost anywhere. You need a base station that’s connected to the internet and will support up to 4 cams per station. Station stays inside (or dry area). The cams are wireless, furthest one from the base station I have is about 100’. App on your phone runs it all.

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I have the Wyze outdoor cams. Rechargeable batteries last about 4 months and they can be mounted almost anywhere. You need a base station that’s connected to the internet and will support up to 4 cams per station. Station stays inside (or dry area). The cams are wireless, furthest one from the base station I have is about 100’. App on your phone runs it all.

Do the batteries last 4 months in high traffic areas like a driveway?

Thanks,

Eddie

I recently installed Google nest battery cams at my place. Super easy to install, connect to home wifi and viewable through the Google Home app. The videos are clear and crisp with solid nighttime range and the subscription is only ~$60 a year. Been very happy so far, the downside to the battery cams vs wired in is having to recharge them. My driveway cams which catch a lot of street action need to be recharged about every 4-5 weeks and other cams last only as long as ~2.5-3 months. That's too much of a pain in the *ss so I have solar panels on order that should eliminate this issue but do add to the cost a bit. 

There's also a Google doorbell with cam that could be a "two birds with one stone" option. Very easy to mount and wire in as well. Camera is great on that one as well. Costco has really good deals on 3 packs of the cameras. 

6 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Do the batteries last 4 months in high traffic areas like a driveway?

Thanks,

Eddie

My driveway cam was the first one I put in. It lasts about 4 months. My “dog cam” which gives notifications 10+ times a day lasts 3 months. Also, I don’t pay a subscription. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 5:17 PM, levers said:

Jim owns Copperstate Lock & Key and does security system installs.  He's a member here but I've forgotten his user name.  6027682342

Jim is the best!  He's been doing my company's work for over 20 years.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:08 PM, Titanium700 said:

Bc777?

just kidding. 

Now THAT is dang funny.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, PRDATR said:

Boarman might.

Wrong side of the world. Happy to tell him how. I'm a low voltage contractor of over 37 years. Security Alarms, Alarm Monitoring, Cameras, Fire Alarms, Phone Systems, Computer Network Cabling, Satellite Dishes, Intercoms, Access Control, Gate openers, Surround Sound, Home Automation, etc. I've had a lot of "fun". PM me.

I'm Semi-retired now.

I just did the blink system on my place and love it, motion lights with camera and cloud auto upload is amazing. I can watch my whole property quick and easy and no wiring. 

4 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I just did the blink system on my place and love it, motion lights with camera and cloud auto upload is amazing. I can watch my whole property quick and easy and no wiring. 

We just got the 3 cam version for our place. Install tomoro.

Have you found the motion sensor works pretty good on these?