JLW

Help Save Apache Trail

1 hour ago, AZ Free Man said:

I don't think they're bad on a mule. Some are definitely overgrown in places though. 

The brush coming through the Rogers Trough ripped us up and we had to park miles from the trailhead. 

I've been in via Reavis School a couple miles and similar issues. When on that same trail Reavis Ranch to Circlestone, it was getting rocky. Met with some friends who came in via Reavis School and they refused to go back that way even though they were parked near the school.

Have you ridden in that way?

2 hours ago, Edge said:

The brush coming through the Rogers Trough ripped us up and we had to park miles from the trailhead. 

I've been in via Reavis School a couple miles and similar issues. When on that same trail Reavis Ranch to Circlestone, it was getting rocky. Met with some friends who came in via Reavis School and they refused to go back that way even though they were parked near the school.

Yes I've been in via Roger's trough and campaign trailheads. If you start at campaign there's a couple different trails too. I'm going by memory, but I think fireline and reavis gap trails? If you have a smallish trailer, like a 3 horse slant or two horse you should be able to make the hairpin turn to Roger's trough, but it is TIGHT.  I haven't been in since the burn though and that could be a major game changer. 

1 hour ago, AZ Free Man said:

Yes I've been in via Roger's trough and campaign trailheads. If you start at campaign there's a couple different trails too. I'm going by memory, but I think fireline and reavis gap trails? If you have a smallish trailer, like a 3 horse slant or two horse you should be able to make the hairpin turn to Roger's trough, but it is TIGHT.  I haven't been in since the burn though and that could be a major game changer. 

Yeah I believe Rogers is gated now 

20 minutes ago, AZ Free Man said:

That stinks, at the rate they keep closing stuff, we won't have any access.

"They" have been out of control for almost a decade.

18 hours ago, Edge said:

Last time I was down around the school the road was pretty bad and washed out. Would be tough to get a horse trailer back there after it flooded, but that was probably 2 years ago

18 minutes ago, Tanner W said:

Last time I was down around the school the road was pretty bad and washed out. Would be tough to get a horse trailer back there after it flooded, but that was probably 2 years ago

I drove in there last Nov, had a 24B WT tag, it was pretty bad. The number of roads Tonto had gated off were just stupid.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I drove in there last Nov, had a 24B WT tag, it was pretty bad. The number of roads Tonto had gated off were just stupid.

Did you tag one?

I’d like to ride horses or mules through those mountains some day .. or a pack hunt 

7 minutes ago, Tanner W said:

Did you tag one?

I’d like to ride horses or mules through those mountains some day .. or a pack hunt 

No saw mostly mulies only one WT doe. Was fighting COVID, miserable hunt. Normally tag out on this hunt.

Sorry gents, but I couldn't disagree more for a number of reasons. That place was turned into a dump by the equine community that visited the area and those folks should be ashamed of themsleves for doing it.

Ahh but is the Reavis rd open to the trailhead?