Sign in to follow this  
twistzz

Minnows at Roosevelt

Anyone know where to get them.  Headed down Monday for three days of fishing.  Wish Texaco sold them or even the Marina.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I am not aware of any place consistent.  Might just go prepared. 

Are you still able to throw a cast net and get shad?

• Like 1

I haven’t fished Rosey in 5-6 years. Last time I did though, one toss of the cast net was good for all day in bait. Just have to put those dummies in a round container. Otherwise the kill themselves by smashing their heads in. 

I miss Kilmer's. 

Jake's Corner? May want to call there before you head up. Or at least call Jack at Liars Korner. Either he'll have them or know where to get them. 

Thanks guys, I'll make some calls today.  I've never thrown a cast net or own one but that's probably the best way to go.   Might have to look into that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wildwoody said:

What about the new marina store?

Nope, we have the tank from the marina  for our own minnows. They gave it to us for free so they have no plans to sell minnows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twistzz said:

Thanks guys, I'll make some calls today.  I've never thrown a cast net or own one but that's probably the best way to go.   Might have to look into that.

If you buy one make sure it's no bigger than 8' in Diameter.

image.png.906c189bddf683479938007cfeca4177.png

• Like 1

chuckin a net is definitely an artform. PRACTICE a LOT before you go to the lake...lol

Also be aware of what is under the water when you throw. I have lost several nest to trees...

Shallow fingers and cuts in the banks are great places to find shad and other minnows and usually safe to throw a net.

and aerate whatever you are keeping them in. They don't live long without it.

• Like 1

Castnet is the way to go. I always bring 2 just in case one gets caught up beyond repair. Just pay attention to regulations involving them because some lakes dont allow them at all and most lakes also state what live bait you are allowed to use.  You cant use the same live baits at all lakes.

Also get a little battery powered aquarium pump to keep the bait alive if you dont have a live well.

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

chuckin a net is definitely an artform. PRACTICE a LOT before you go to the lake...lol

Also be aware of what is under the water when you throw. I have lost several nest to trees...

Shallow fingers and cuts in the banks are great places to find shad and other minnows and usually safe to throw a net.

and originate whatever you are keeping them in. They don't live long without it.

Aireate?