peasty69

SOLD Custom 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe Red/Black (Price Drop again)

I’m in the market for a SxS and while I like Honda as a product. I keep going back and forth on the Pioneer’s design.  Part of me likes that’s it’s smaller than a normal four seater but then I’ll get hung up with the lack of storage space when all seats are up.  
I'm mostly interested in a hunting rig but want good off road capabilities.  I don’t normally deer hunt with four people but elk hunts can be four easily. I also want to use it with a dog box in back for quail and that would mean max three people 

how has this been as a hunting rig.  If you have four people in it where do you put the game bags?

oh it’s a great set up by the way super impressive 

I’ve used my Pioneer about 80% of the time for hunting with my 40lb dog and all my gear for deer, predator, and bird hunting. The other 20% is with my wife and 2 teenage daughters going on long trail rides, camping trips, and down to Mexico. My brother  and his dog 1/2 the time are with me also. 2 of us up front with the 2 dogs has worked great. Javalina hunts I’ve had 4 -5 adults in it and it’s a bit more tight and guns/packs have to be held on by the 2 extra hunters. Anything can be strapped to the roof (packs, game, camping gear, etc.) too as it’s a very stout fiberglass roof and that’s why I had the “D” rings added. The shorter wheel base and tight turning capabilities of the Pioneer are what make it a great off road trail hunting machine. The auto style transmission is super quiet compared to other belt driven machines and is a Billy goat when climbing because the transmission will shift down when needed. I rarely have to use 4wheel drive unless it’s a steep incline or big bolder/ruts. The ice chest could be removed and that rack used for gear/game also. I love it! My family has grown and my needs have changed this past year is the only reason I’m selling it. Hope that helps…..

There are many more "comfortable" or luxurious options than a Pioneer but for true hunting off road capabilites, reliability etc...nothing I've seen beats the Pioneer.  All of my polaris or can am friends make sure they run their machines in low and 4 wheel drive so they don't burn there belts up on the steeper drives. Almost all have had broken axles of some sort also. I manually put mine in 1st or 2nd gear and all but the toughest hills I can still climb easy in 2 wheel drive. 

The bed and doors rattles a little bit but I added some shrink tubing and that helped the latches keep from rattling.  

Bump for a sweet rig.

33 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

There are many more "comfortable" or luxurious options than a Pioneer but for true hunting off road capabilites, reliability etc...nothing I've seen beats the Pioneer.  All of my polaris or can am friends make sure they run their machines in low and 4 wheel drive so they don't burn there belts up on the steeper drives. Almost all have had broken axles of some sort also. I manually put mine in 1st or 2nd gear and all but the toughest hills I can still climb easy in 2 wheel drive. 

The bed and doors rattles a little bit but I added some shrink tubing and that helped the latches keep from rattling.  

Bump for a sweet rig.

Agree 100%! I owned 2 Polaris Rangers before the Honda, and always had problems and replacing wheel bearings, bushings, ball joints, axles, sensors, etc, etc. There are many great things about the Pioneer, and because of the reliability of HONDA, was why I chose it for hunting. There are also a lot of things it lacked as a stock machine, which is why I did everything I could to make it better for my needs- Hunting and Family rides, and not having to worry about being 80-100 miles away from help, and having a break down or major problems. I’ve been super impressed with the Reliability!! #1 reason I chose it!

• Like 3

This is a awesome rig but just out of my price range. All the reviews I've read are all positive.

On 3/31/2022 at 11:55 AM, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Bump for a sweet rig.

I changed out the door bushings and most of the rattle went away.   My son 3D printed them and it was simple to install.  You can also buy them pretty cheap from places too.  

1 hour ago, recurveman said:

I changed out the door bushings and most of the rattle went away.   My son 3D printed them and it was simple to install.  You can also buy them pretty cheap from places too.  

Yes, I put RB3 door bushings and they helped a ton and they make the wheel spacers that I put on the rear to make them match the fronts.

Anyone that is interested in this machine please PM me and come take a look at it and make an offer, you will not be disappointed. I know the price is high for a Pioneer but with all the upgrades and accessories that I put on, you are still getting a great deal. Thanks for all the interest and compliments!