4 hours ago, dustin25 said:

Hopefully soon

When and if they do go to a different rule for muzzleloader hunts I hope they take away your scoped rifle,bow sight,rangefinder,binos,spotting scopes,and anything you might use to hunt with.Remember just because you perceive there to be an advantage there may not be and if you start in on one side and take from them it won't be long before those you say had a unfair advantage claim the same about how you choose to hunt.

It is about Lame & Fishy opening the door of unfair advantage and fair chase.  The liberal mantra.

• Like 1

My kids have had 3 muzzy elk tags. The first 2 used a 3x9 scope. Planned on about a 200 yds max and both those were killed at 150yds. Last one I switched to a 14x cds and planned on 300 yds max. Killed that one at 35 yds. For me it may not matter, I can’t get drawn.

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

When and if they do go to a different rule for muzzleloader hunts I hope they take away your scoped rifle,bow sight,rangefinder,binos,spotting scopes,and anything you might use to hunt with.Remember just because you perceive there to be an advantage there may not be and if you start in on one side and take from them it won't be long before those you say had a unfair advantage claim the same about how you choose to hunt.

That reaction is a bit dramatic…because I’d be in favor of more of a primitive muzzleloader deer season? Other states do it successfully. I’m for the idea of a real traditional muzzleloader season vs 700 yard smokeless ml season. No offense, by your reaction you’re probably one of those guys.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ThomC said:

It is about Lame & Fishy opening the door of unfair advantage and fair chase.  The liberal mantra.

Fair chase is not a “liberal mantra”, even though less and less hunters seem to honor the value of it, unfortunately 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

That reaction is a bit dramatic…because I’d be in favor of more of a primitive muzzleloader deer season? Other states do it successfully. I’m for the idea of a real traditional muzzleloader season vs 700 yard smokeless ml season. No offense, by your reaction you’re probably one of those guys.

There is no smokeless muzzleloader season in this state read the regs .Must be black powder or black powder substitute only and we do not have a primitive hunting season.You guys piss me off with this crap .Everything you or I do when we hunt gives us an advantage period.If you think there is an advantage maybe you should try hunting w/o your binos ,maps,camo,tents,sxs,gun,bow,and so on .Get real everything gives us an advantage .I hunt with everything from a bow to a muzzleloader so that I have some insight into what it takes to do so.So if you choose to hunt rifle maybe you should only get 1 bullet and you must assemble it to hunt .Or only get 1 arrow no sights ,1 shotgun shell,and so on .This is a hunting site driven by hunters and to hear fellow hunters cry about some sort of unfair advantage is a joke .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

There is no smokeless muzzleloader season in this state read the regs .Must be black powder or black powder substitute only and we do not have a primitive hunting season.You guys piss me off with this crap .Everything you or I do when we hunt gives us an advantage period.If you think there is an advantage maybe you should try hunting w/o your binos ,maps,camo,tents,sxs,gun,bow,and so on .Get real everything gives us an advantage .I hunt with everything from a bow to a muzzleloader so that I have some insight into what it takes to do so.So if you choose to hunt rifle maybe you should only get 1 bullet and you must assemble it to hunt .Or only get 1 arrow no sights ,1 shotgun shell,and so on .This is a hunting site driven by hunters and to hear fellow hunters cry about some sort of unfair advantage is a joke .

These new long range guns do bother me a bit because they have changed the game on the muzzleloader season. You are correct, Crazymonkey, its not a true primitive season, which I wish AZ would do. But in my opinion, if you're shooting a long range muzzy, why not just put in for rifle season?

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

These new long range guns do bother me a bit because they have changed the game on the muzzleloader season. You are correct, Crazymonkey, its not a true primitive season, which I wish AZ would do. But in my opinion, if you're shooting a long range muzzy, why not just put in for rifle season?

Someone had a great idea on here a little while back and it went like every other year go primitive only .And I'd be fine hunting that .I do have iron sights on two muzzleloader and one runs a precussion cap .The point is everything is an advantage and to say otherwise just isn't true.If f@g ever went primitive I'd be in .One more season to hunt and probably not that many people will put in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

Here we go again with the "I don't hunt that way, neither should you".

This is the stuff that will completely destroy hunting. Hunters vs hunters. 

I personally can not comprehend this mindset of wanting less opportunity, and more regulation.

• Like 4