On 3/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, dsotm said:

Way too many "stop liking what I don't like" types on here

Way too many, PERIOD.  

3 hours ago, stoney4325 said:

just my 2Cents for what its worth, 44yds, homemade peep sight cuz i can't see anymore

20221026_075132.jpg

That’s pretty cool, you’re like George Washington 

my 2 cents how about a few units with primative weapons only i.e, bow and muzzleloaders only with youth hunts in them also.

I'm game for adding a primitive only season with the caveat of dressing the part. 

Traditional period appropriate attire to match your method of take.  Wouldn't that be a crazy time in the outdoors.  🤣

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I'm game for adding a primitive only season with the caveat of dressing the part. 

Traditional period appropriate attire to match your method of take.  Wouldn't that be a crazy time in the outdoors.  🤣

maxresdefault.jpg

Can I dress like this if I get a tag

indian-reloading-gun-260nw-71755777.jpg.4d22060698206dc62b0b79ee065eda6d.jpg

AZ needs to ban all optics for the muzzy hunts, it was always intended to be a "Primitive Weapons" hunt, unfortunately technology caught up and now you have muzzy's capable of shooting over 1000 yards....really? I'm totally good with using open sights. Ban them!

32 minutes ago, LKiny said:

AZ needs to ban all optics for the muzzy hunts, it was always intended to be a "Primitive Weapons" hunt, unfortunately technology caught up and now you have muzzy's capable of shooting over 1000 yards....really? I'm totally good with using open sights. Ban them!

What's next? Should we ban compound bows? No fancy archery sights? Should we ban scopes that dial? Rangefinders? Hunters really are our own worst enemy,.

• Like 1

I just want to get a dang tag lol

Anybody  ever see any animals  taken at 1000 yds with a muzzleloader shooting legal for Arizona  loads? Maybe  with a gun shooting  standard  gun powder  but not with any blackpowder substitute  legal for muzzy hunts .The average  animal  shot with a muzzy is definitely  inside 300 yds and most are 100 or less .A little  homework  on the subject  will show that the gun shooting  blackhorn max loads and legal bullets  don't  have the energy  left in it to make a clean kill. Most are rated  for 500 yds max on animals  due to the rapid loss of energy  and inability to expand .

42 minutes ago, dsotm said:

What's next? Should we ban compound bows? No fancy archery sights? Should we ban scopes that dial? Rangefinders? Hunters really are our own worst enemy,.

Couldn't agree more. We want every advantage possible to ensure a kill.  We don't worry about 10 years down the road when harvest exceeds fawn survival.  Next thing you know, otc tags are gone and opportunity is decreased.  Technology keeps advancing, success rates go up and we expect tag numbers to remain stable or increase.  Do you remember when getting an animal with a bow or Ml'er was an accomplishment?  They put the seasons at a more opportune time of the year to help increase success rates. 

New Mexico just banned scopes on mler's, I hope AZ follows suit.  

Do you have any lines you draw on hunter technology?  Are you good with thermal imaging animals at night, 24/7 instant notification trail cameras, airbows and crossbows during archery seasons, GPS darting animals to keep tabs on them.  I mean, everyone draws a line somewhere, atleast I hope they do.  

16 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Couldn't agree more. We want every advantage possible to ensure a kill.  We don't worry about 10 years down the road when harvest exceeds fawn survival.  Next thing you know, otc tags are gone and opportunity is decreased.  Technology keeps advancing, success rates go up and we expect tag numbers to remain stable or increase.  Do you remember when getting an animal with a bow or Ml'er was an accomplishment?  They put the seasons at a more opportune time of the year to help increase success rates. 

New Mexico just banned scopes on mler's, I hope AZ follows suit.  

Do you have any lines you draw on hunter technology?  Are you good with thermal imaging animals at night, 24/7 instant notification trail cameras, airbows and crossbows during archery seasons, GPS darting animals to keep tabs on them.  I mean, everyone draws a line somewhere, atleast I hope they do.  

With no real data to prove  your claim  of higher  success  rates as most  states don't  require  a check in.How do you know for sure .We can all guess and put blame  on just about  anything. We don't  even have accurate  numbers  for population  its just a guess. All hunters have limits  and will absolutely  use  everything  that is legal  to there advantage .It's been done  since  the beginning  of hunting. 

There are sites for anti hunters most are run by PETA . 

As long as it's legal  to hunt with  let people  use what they will and quit complaining!!

• Haha 1