Sign in to follow this  
CouesPursuit

A Crappie Roosevelt Discussion

7 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

It will work out, seats and schedules are unfairly limited. 

I get it. I’m getting ready to sell my rv to buy a nice boat 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:27 AM, Big Tub said:

Is anyone guiding anymore for specifically crappie?  I almost hate to ask but are Leroy and Art still around, even though they are not guiding?

I ran into Art in December; He is still fishing regularly. He remembered taking me fishing 20 years ago. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:27 AM, Big Tub said:

Is anyone guiding anymore for specifically crappie?  I almost hate to ask but are Leroy and Art still around, even though they are not guiding?

You could try Clifford Pirch. If you look at his FB page, he just posted a succesful crappie trip.

How deep are they hanging at?  Here now going to hit it for two days and I scored some minnows going to be a beautiful two days Yahoo!!!  Had to shovel my driveway to hook the boat up lol got four more inches which is great!

Got home today, think that cold front shut them down, Wednesday was nautical with the wind, caught one bass.  Thursday was a great day weather wise but crappie weren't biting on the salt end.  Ended up with some more bass which was fun!  Talked to some guys at the dock they had been fishing the last 4 days with not much luck.  They fished the Tonto end Thursday and caught 15 nice slabs, don't figure...  They probably were on fire today with the warm up lol...  Was fishing not catching but a good time.  Good Luck!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm going tomorrow, Saturday, to chase em. No clue where to go but if we get into them, I'll give a shout out. I hate trolling but will be logging some miles watching the screen... 

RESULTS:  Sucked. Couldn't get a single crappie to bite when finding what I think was them on the graph so decided to go park with all the other boats in the Tonto end. Lots of sad stories from other people and the most I heard of caught was 3. I caught 1 slab and a few bass and my brother caught a 5#'r on a minnow so not a total loss but it sounds like we definitely should have gone to Alamo.. Other than a bit of wind in the afternoon, a perfect day to be on the lake.

• Like 3