Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Polaris extended warranty and service plan

I am in the process of buying a general the dealer is trying to sale me these two items. Was wondering who has purchased these items was it worth it ,was it necessary? Thanks 

Warranty is a good thing .It saved my but on a new starter and a few other items on my defender.The service plan is kinda a joke its just real expensive oil changes as they don't cover much .They wouldn't even cover the air filter its that bad .So if you can change the oil yourself save your money.

I had the extended warranty on mine when I bought it. The only down side was there was still a deductible that I had to pay. Didn’t realize that until I had an issue that they had to fix. I would ask about that. 
I have no experience with that service plan though. 

59 minutes ago, 218buck said:

I am in the process of buying a general the dealer is trying to sale me these two items. Was wondering who has purchased these items was it worth it ,was it necessary? Thanks 

Shoot me a PM. I'm the finance manager for a Polaris dealership and can help you out.

Mark

• Like 4

Knock on wood.. 2018 Honda pioneer 1000-5 here. I have only changed the fluids on it in almost 4 years.  I did it all myself.

Never used the 3 year extended warranty on my Can Am Defender. Guess that’s a good thing, but would love to have the money back. The service plan is a joke, especially if you don’t ride a lot.  Your plan will expire before you get your money’s worth. Service your own machine and save the money.  It was my first UTV and I didn’t know any better. Suckered me into that one. Live and learn. 

• Like 2

No. Extended warranties are where the dealers make most of their money. If you can do the basic stuff on your own occasionally you will save money without it. How much is your time worth?

• Like 2

I didn't do any warranty or service plan on my RZR. Finance guy tried to make me feel bad saying that's how he feeds his kids. Kind of pissed me off. Glad I didn't buy, never needed it. And I'm sure his kids ate fine anyway. 

• Wow! 1

16 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I didn't do any warranty or service plan on my RZR. Finance guy tried to make me feel bad saying that's how he feeds his kids. Kind of pissed me off. Glad I didn't buy, never needed it. And I'm sure his kids ate fine anyway. 

Did you tell him to get a real job?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Did you tell him to get a real job?

Im sure he does fine. 

Polaris warranty sucks! I had there warranty on my ranger and they had to send out a rep to look and to check if they coverd parts which they did and clearly stated that they did on paper work. After a few weeks and finally approved. Rediculous! Better warranties out there

I usually never buy warranties.  My in laws thought I was crazy when I told them I never buy it on tires.  I asked them how many times they have had major issues with tires. They said once or twice they had to get one tire replaced.  I asked them how much they paid for the warranty.   It usually comes out to the price of or just above a brand new tire so why not pay that only if you need too? 

22 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

I usually never buy warranties.  My in laws thought I was crazy when I told them I never buy it on tires.  I asked them how many times they have had major issues with tires. They said once or twice they had to get one tire replaced.  I asked them how much they paid for the warranty.   It usually comes out to the price of or just above a brand new tire so why not pay that only if you need too? 

While I agree with not buying warranties on new vehicles, I always buy warrantes on tires. Thank God I did for my truck. I got a bad batch of tires and replaced three of the four with the warranty. At $26 a pop compared to about 10 times that if I wouldn't have bought the warranty

• Like 1