ultramag

need boot advise

time for a new pair of hunting boots does anyone have insight what works well for you. they got to have gore tex lining.I just don't want to buy junk.

time for a new pair of hunting boots does anyone have insight what works well for you. they got to have gore tex lining.I just don't want to buy junk.

I have been wearing Danner Boots since 1980...(Wow am I getting old!) My favorite is the Pronghorn... it fits and feel like a running shoe but is a great boot in the mountains. Has the Gore-Tex liner and a good combo sole for rocks and snow. A blend of Vibram and Bobs... I think SW has them and I know Cabelas does.... A last word of advice, DON"T EVER SCRIMP ON YOUR BOOTS!!! I did once and almost blew out my achilles on both feet, ruined a great hunt and I limped for weeks. All because of cheap boots.... That's what made me pay $180.00 bucks for my first Danners - I wore them only for hunting and they lasted 15 years. Turned out to be the cheapest pair of boots I ever bought... Think about it... Good Luck! D.D.

+1 on the Danners! I normally get around 3 to 5 years on a pair of pronghorns and they come in three different weights of insulation.

Phil

I have narrow feet and can't wear danners, I would if i could. I wear the merrells, the high top gore tex ones. They dont last very long but they are the most comfy boots i've ever put on. They are also really quiet. I dont like tall stiff boots, i feel like im wearing stilts. THese give me enough support wothout annoying me

I do not wear Danners but from what I have heard they are not the same boots they use to be. I guess you can get made in USA Danner's and ones that are not. there are only a few models that are made in the USA and they are on avg about +30% more expensive (over $200 vs under $200). I know the Pronghorns are very popular. I do not like wearing boots that go up that high.

I have had the same pair of Danners for about 3 years. They will be retired after this year however. But I love them. Lots of miles, lots of blood!

One guy i know just got some kenetreks over the summer and he was ravin about em when we were elk hunting. He went from pronghorns to these and said it was no comparison

I have a pair of danners and Irish setters... I love them both the same... GREAT BOOTS

Lowa Tibet GTX. Great comfort and support. Gore-Tex. Uninsulated. Rubber rand to protect the toe leather. They fit about 1/2 size small, so order larger accordingly.

http://www.schnees.com/product_categories/...gtx-sepia-black

Shoebuy.com has them a little cheaper

http://www.shoebuy.com/lowa-tibet-gtx/119630

You can also do a search for shoebuy.com coupons and save 10-20% online

i just bought a pair of danner vanish boots.they're waterproof,scentlock, and very light.i like more of the hiking boot,they're 5'' .the tall boots feel like they restrict my walking. i love these boots, and at $140 bucks not too bad.

I wear Danners everyday at work.. Gotta say that they agree with my feet the best out of all the diff boots I've tried. Currently, I have a pair of Meidel Ibex and they've been a good pair of boots. Not the best, but good. After I wear them out, I think I'm gonna stick with Danners from here on out.