maximus

Proposed fall, spring hunt recommendations for 2022-2023 available for review

38 minutes ago, rkv09 said:

Ya that is how I read it. Not sure why you would want to hunt coues with a rifle on August first. Not even close to being done growing their antlers. 

Seems like most years the auction and raffle guys kill in velvet.

6 minutes ago, Codywhi1 said:

The also want to take away all the archery spring bear tags, looks like the game and fish is listing to the anit again

They eliminated all of the draw spring hunts, one of the speakers yesterday told the commission that once it makes it to the ballet vote he is confident that Arizonans will eliminate all bear, mt. lion and bobcat hunting and he is probably right. 

• Like 1

Just picking a random unit here.  But if unit 8 coues has a quota of 5 deer for the entire archery season, chances are it won't even make it to January right?  If there is still 1 left in the quota how do you make plans to hunt that unit in December/January?  It would have been nice to place a quota for each season(5 in August, 5 in Dec., 5 in Jan.). The later you get into the prime rut the less likely the unit will even be open.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, 654321 said:

They eliminated all of the draw spring hunts, one of the speakers yesterday told the commission that once it makes it to the ballet vote he is confident that Arizonans will eliminate all bear, mt. lion and bobcat hunting and he is probably right. 

SSS

The speaker is probably right. This state is a mini CA. We hunters are too busy fighting each other over trivial shoot like crossbows and long range rifles to be concerned about something of importance.

• Like 4

I also think this will lead to more hunter “conflict” in units with low OTC thresholds. You think guys with a few days to hunt to make the 5 tag threshold won’t be trying to screw others over on a stalks…

Some low threshold numbers on OTC deer. A lot of the hunts will close in August. The hunt I usually go on has 5 tags…lol   They’ll be gone in August.

2 hours ago, rkv09 said:

Ya that is how I read it. Not sure why you would want to hunt coues with a rifle on August first. Not even close to being done growing their antlers. 

Did I over look it. Where did you see august rifle hunts?

2 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Did I over look it. Where did you see august rifle hunts?

Last page has the proposed limited entry hunt, one tag for multiple units and extended dates. Just like they did last fall but with more species and tags. 

There is two hunts in August for coues. 

Just another money grab but a fool and his money are soon departed and I am an idiot. 😂

17 minutes ago, rkv09 said:

Last page has the proposed limited entry hunt, one tag for multiple units and extended dates. Just like they did last fall but with more species and tags. 

There is two hunts in August for coues. 

Just another money grab but a fool and his money are soon departed and I am an idiot. 😂

👍

All I can say is WOW!!!

15 deer 🦌 is unit 8’s quota, and my favorite desert unit most likely will be closed in January! Looks like the days of a combo hunt for Javelina and deer are gone!