maximus

Proposed fall, spring hunt recommendations for 2022-2023 available for review

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

I don't think 36c will get out of August for muleys. 

Very few southern units will have january mule deer hunts anymore, and the ones that do will get flooded. 5 or 10 animal threshold it ridiculously low. That many 2 points get shot opening weekend of january every year in rach unit.   800 rifle tags isn't a problem though somehow.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, creed_az_88 said:

Very few southern units will have january mule deer hunts anymore, and the ones that do will get flooded. 5 or 10 animal threshold it ridiculously low. That many 2 points get shot opening weekend of january every year in rach unit.   800 rifle tags isn't a problem though somehow.  

I would suggest experienced hunters practice a form of self regulation and not shoot yearlings, but the ten thousand californians would quash that idea. 

• Like 1

What is the difference between a limit and threshold? Bear has a limit, deer and mountain lion a threshold?  Are these words used interchangeably? 

Never mind I watch the video RKV09 posted- good information - mandatory reporting would in-sue, there are 3 recommendations being made to the commission  

16 hours ago, Garryett said:

They are going to loose a lot of money on this. Tag numbers are crazy low.

I find it funny how guys on hunting threads are constantly complaining about how the state is “all about the money” and all they care about is selling tags until the do something about it, then the sky is falling.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I find it funny how guys on hunting threads are constantly complaining about how the state is “all about the money” and all they care about is selling tags until the do something about it, then the sky is falling.  

Watch the video - the game and fish is brings it up so they are worried also....$1M is what the G&F will lose with one of the recommendations (going to a draw) that will leave a big hole to fill-  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

100%, this specific thought came to my mind as well.  LOL

27 minutes ago, Redman said:

Watch the video - the game and fish is brings it up so they are worried also....$1M is what the G&F will lose with one of the recommendations (going to a draw) that will leave a big hole to fill-  

+1 on this, too.  Saw they brought it up.  Big difference in it being "all about the money" and having a budget hole to fill, though. ;)  

43 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Time will tell…

3 hours ago, Redman said:

That special raffle they did this past Fall with those six tags proved to be a success. I believe they will pivot to that to cover any revenue shortfalls. They almost made up that $1M with just six tags. 

19 hours ago, Garryett said:

They are going to loose a lot of money on this. Tag numbers are crazy low.

They will not lose money, they will make up for it like every other mismanaged government agency, they will raise tag prices, add special fees, allow more auction tags, etc..

• Like 3

Should have done a draw for archery. This call in quota system is as stupid as having to look at a map to see if a road is open.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AZ11 said:

Should have done a draw for archery. This call in quota system is as stupid as having to look at a map to see if a road is open.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ11 said:

Seems to work pretty well for bear and lion.

• Like 1