Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Spott Hogg Fast Eddie

Not straightforward. Maybe it's just me.

Wife (AKA Elkslayer) is shooting a Matthews Avail at 40lbs (ATM), and about 233 FPS.

We did all the calibration stuff. (5 pin). Used the top pin. When calibrating to 60, the sight housing went so low the fletchings would hit.

The plan: Get her to 50lbs, (About 250fps) sight in all 5 pins normally, and use the wheel for 60+ shots and calibrate with the bottom pin.

Does that sound right?

I know easier said than done but if she can lower her anchor point comfortably - even if she can get use to a kisser - might be able to raise that sight bracket and still get the yardage you are looking for.  If that continues to be a problem for her.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jdown said:

I know easier said than done but if she can lower her anchor point comfortably - even if she can get use to a kisser - might be able to raise that sight bracket and still get the yardage you are looking for.  If that continues to be a problem for her.  

^^^^^ This

Small adjustments with a peep can change POI. 
Good luck with the slider. I will never use one again. 

Also make sure to put the 60yard pin as low in the housing as possible, this will give her the greatest clearance when dialing.

4 hours ago, PatrickJr said:

Also make sure to put the 60yard pin as low in the housing as possible, this will give her the greatest clearance when dialing.

Good stuff. Thanks.

• Like 1