Sign in to follow this  
Jowl Neerson

Binoculars with glasses

I have to wear eyeglasses, and due to astigmatism, I can't wear contacts. I am looking to upgrade my hunting binos this year. Pretty sure I'm going with vortex 10x42 but am still debating. The real question here is does anyone else have to look through eyeglasses when using binos? I have a small pair of Simmons 8-17x25 adjustable binos, and I have so much trouble with my eyeglasses. Sometimes I take my glasses off and just use my good left eye to use the binos. Does anyone else have the same issue? Any suggestions on binos or solutions to this issue?

I don't have any specific recommendations but any bino with atleast 15mm of eye relief should work. 17mm and above would be ideal. I had a pair with an eye relief of 15mm it was very tight but I was still able to see the entire FOV. 17mm and above is alot more comfy for me and my eyes and I wouldn't go less than that if at all possible. 

4 hours ago, Jowl Neerson said:

I have a small pair of Simmons 8-17x25 

Yeah thats the problem. Go set yourself up to spam elsewhere.

I've got the same problem you have, astigmatism, and have to wear glasses. I use only Swarovski binos. The trick is the diameter of the ocular lens is going to limit the amount of field you see with glasses. This has nothing to do with the field of view of the binos. That eye box is limited with glasses and the more curvature your glasses have, the more limited it will be. There are some inexpensive options on the market but you'll be limited on power. The higher the power the worst it gets. You'll be limited to 10X or less. There are Vortex HD's as well as others that meet this criteria. The magic number .845". Any ocular lens that is smaller than that is going to greatly diminish the field of view wearing glasses!