Ramclapp2017

Caldwell lead sled $40

Double check the number you dialed. He is Not a 602 area code. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

5 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

This was sold yesterday. I checked.

I told him id take it right after he posted it yesterday.

Told him to let me know about a meet, and still waiting. No rush and im sure hes busy. 

Sure was weird considering I texted my question about about the model number less than an hour after he posted it for sale...

The seller hadn't responded before people started trying to jump to the head of the line... It doesn't really matter because I've already got the best Caldwell sled model made... Was just trying to find out which model he had for a friend.....

• Like 1

I also called him right after he posted it. He must have had a lot of interest. The post said he was moving so he must be really scrambling. Sounded like a great guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drcarr said:

Sure was weird considering I texted my question about about the model number less than an hour after he posted it for sale...

The seller hadn't responded before people started trying to jump to the head of the line... It doesn't really matter because I've already got the best Caldwell sled model made... Was just trying to find out which model he had for a friend.....

You are correct. I had sent him a pm and texted the wrong number. I messed his up by 1 digit. That was about 10 minutes after he posted it.

But again after texting right number have not heard back and that was last night.

He may have already sold it and i missed out. No worries if he did, i had to work last night and couldn't meet until today or tomorrow anyways.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drcarr said:

This is why I am an advocate for posting sales comments in the thread.  There have been several times where I have responded quickly to an item only to be met with silence and then nothing - or "it's been sold" comment much later when I push things to find out where I stand.  It can sometimes give you the feeling that another deal was done behind your back - whether for more $ or item was rerouted to a buddy once seller found out he wanted it.  Posting "I take it" in the thread seems to be the most transparent way of letting everyone know where they stand.

• Like 5

At first glance that sounds great. And, although I have been on the losing end with a couple of those type situations, it can be chalked up to miscommunication, misinterpretation, change of situation, etc. 

If a seller wants to sell everything to one person, but someone else spoke for one item first, then what? Selling and buying can involve a lot of human emotion, and I've yet to meet the perfect person. Cheating somebody by receiving payment and not delivering is one thing. Misrepresentation can be accidental and starts to get fuzzy. Hurt feelings because someone else wound up with what you thought was a good deal and you felt you had "first dibs" on I think is too subjective. That could get very messy quickly.

I prefer to forgive my neighbors trespass because I may not really be seeing it correctly. Yes, I may be disappointed, but I hope I am a big boy and should be able to handle an occasional disappointment in life and not throw a tantrum.

I had a situation recently regarding a rifle. I understood we had a deal. I really wanted the rifle. When he wound up trading to his friend for a gun he wanted I felt jilted. I politely communicated that I was disappointed and explained my point of view. He explained his. He got back to and said he had discussed it with his wife and she helped him understand my point of view. He apologized. We both learned something out of the situation.

I could have posted something negative. What would that have solved. He's not a bad guy. I hope I'm not a bad guy. 

Those type of posts can encourage revenge and bad feelings. There is enough of that already in the world.

I hope am not offending anyone with this post, it is not my intent. Just giving a different perspective.

Russ

I think the first "I'll take it" on the public forum should win . "Pm sent" could be a ? Or a price negotiation or who knows what.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I think the first "I'll take it" on the public forum should win . "Pm sent" could be a ? Or a price negotiation or who knows what.

To be on the up and up Classifieds sales should all have to be public with no texts. I have been burnt a few times when I was the first one to post an "I'll Take it" or an offer only to have the OP come back and say someone replied in a PM so I sold it to them. It happened again about a week ago. Just frustrating as all get out.

• Like 3

Boy did this thread get hijacked, I will continue on with it.   The only problem with the first " I will take it" is sometimes guys commit even tho they have questions.  Then when they get the wrong answers, they back out.  I usually will say " I will take it, pending some questions"  Totally up to the seller to let me ask them or go to the first guy that takes it without questions.  When I am selling something, I give the guy who first showed interest the right or refusal.  

Some things are not black and white or info is missing in the post that might sway someone from purchasing or not.  Bottom line is do not get all ate up over not getting something online.  If they choose to sell it to someone else. BFD.  

• Like 3